Watchtower problem

• Hello guys!

I hope you are all doing well under the circumstances...:)

I need your insight....

I have watchtower running in docker and monitoring my containers for updates. A few minutes ago watchtower found an update for netdata, downloaded it and removed the old image.

Code
    time="2020-03-28T11:54:48+02:00" level=info msg="Found new netdata/netdata:latest image (sha256:651258a7de4d82ae0d88292ee3de13305e9b566d06bf05709b6208904462a105)"
    time="2020-03-28T11:54:56+02:00" level=info msg="Creating /openmediavault"
    time="2020-03-28T11:54:57+02:00" level=info msg="Removing image sha256:5e0a6603dde40474caea58dac0a13dff9db36f71f6f7d8e798fad54acd02580c"

This container was on a stopped state.

However I am not able to start it. The option is greyed out.

Additionally, when I click to modify it I get a message that "It is not possible to modify a data container".

If I delete the container and use the newly downloaded image to run a new container, netdata will work but I need to enter the port and all env variables again. For netdata it is not that of an issue, but for other containers that need a lot of stuff, it definitely is..

What have I done wrong???

Thanks a lot!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What have I done wrong???

I've never had Watchtower do that but I don't use netdata, normally Watchtower downloads and deploys a new image using the settings from the current container. Pi-Hole has been known to fail if a new image has been found and deployed using Watchtower but this was during it's early use.

You might get an answer from the Watchtower github.

• Yesterday it did it to other containers, too, so i don't believe it has to do with netdata.

I will perhaps delete watchtower and set it up again just in case.

Do you mind sharing the env vars you have in place for watchtower, just in case I have something setup wrong?

Posting here mine from the details

One thing i noticed yesterday, is that the problematic containers did have the settings inherited from the previous ones (shown by clicking the details button), however I could not start nor modify them. I had to delete them and set them up again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

One thing i noticed yesterday, is that the problematic containers did have the settings inherited from the previous ones (shown by clicking the details button), however I could not start nor modify them. I had to delete them and set them up again.

What might be an option is to ignore the docker plugin and install portainer, it requires a some understanding but it might help with what your are experiencing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!