Zoneminder on Rasperry Pi 4 using Docker/Portainer

• Hi

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 4 to replace my very old Synology NAS with OMV 5. One of the things I'd like tot do is also view my IP security cam using Zoneminder.

I have found some tutorials (for example TechnoDadLive), and I seem to have got it working (almost that is).

I managed to create a running container in Portainer. However, although I specified the port forwarding, Portainer does not show an IP address and Published Ports.

When opening the container and go to Connected Networks and join the 'bridge' network, it seems to work and assign an IP and ports. However, I can't access the gui in any way and after a while the IP and ports disappear again.

Also, the log shows 1 repeated error meesage:

Code
    standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

I have the idea that i'm very close, so I need one little push to make it work ::)

The image used is dlandon zoneminder latest.

Hope someone can help.

Kind regards,

Milan

• How did you ever got Zoneminder to work? Whatever I do, there is no video saved on disk. While recording there is a temporary .mp4 file saving on disk, but as soon recording stops, there is no video-file left, only a jpg pictures. I have the video writer for the camera camera set to H264 transcode, H264 pass-through I can´t get to work at all.

I´m trying with the Garzarella image as well. Running on a RPI 4, 8 Gb.

Any Ideas?

This error message is showing up in log several times:

Code
    getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-386877s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()
  • Okej, got it working now. Used Garzarella contianer, installed V4l2, x264 and x265 in the container. Upgraded Zoneminder to latest master (v1. 35.5) did an apt upgrade. Finally everything works at RPI4 with OMV on 64 bit Raspbian OS.

• The Garzarella build is so old, based on Ubuntu 16.04, so I couldn't get object identification to work.

Nobody know a working docker image for RPI4 with newer version of Zoneminder?

• These are all images that are available for arm:

https://hub.docker.com/search?…pe=image&architecture=arm

Greetings

David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!