RPC Error with shared folders

• Hello,

I'm getting an RPC error message when attempting to edit anything on the shared folders page.

I'm using unionfs and from reading other threads I think its related to the cause of my issue.

I know there are other threads with an identical error but I thought I should start my own thread since the other thread is months old and marked resolved, and I can't make sense of any way to resolve the problem from reading those posts as much as I've tried to fix it myself.

Code
    Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information.

Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:187
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'getList', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

Here are the relevant syslog lines:

Code
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OMV\Config\ConfigObject::setAssoc() must be of the type array, string given, called in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc on line 85 and defined in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc:230
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: Stack trace:
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(85): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->setAssoc('\n      ', false)
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(118): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.sha...')
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->enumerateSharedFolders(NULL, Array)
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(205): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateShared...', NULL, Array)
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: #5 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->getList(Array, Array)
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    May  1 23:53:56 omv-test omv-engined[1661]: #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86):  in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc on line 230

OMV version info:

(Please ignore shellinabox. Its uninstalled. I know it doesn't work with current OMV.)

Hopefully this can be solved as I've finished setting up 99% percent of my omv install.

I noticed that there isn't anything under /sharedfolders/. That is where my shared directories should be in the filesystem correct? Rather than using the directory under /srv/?

As an unrelated sidenote I've encountered a few issues and errors just trying to setup omv in a vm:

-LUKS gets an out of memory error when attempting to decrypt a volume with 512MB RAM despite the system only showing 30% RAM used. (Increasing RAM fixes this)
    -The VirtualBox network interface is terrible (not omv's fault). Sometimes DNS doesn't work on a new install, sometimes the IP address changes or doesn't show up on my network. Sometimes the network stops working completely and the only way to fix it is to recreate the VM.

-I created another OMV VM in case I can't fix this issue and need to start from scratch, but even that had errors installing omvextras that I never had the first time installing it.

Thankfully I was able to fix those issues myself but now I'm stuck on this RPC error and all these roadblocks almost make me want to consider just dropping OMV and continuing to use Windows 10 as a server.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, the unionfs does not populate /sharedfolders + /sharedfolders has been disabled but see this thread there should be no need to use/reference /sharedfolders particularly in docker containers.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• KemikalElite

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!