OMV5: JDownloader Docker downloading to SD Card

• Hello everyone!

First things first: I normally had OMV 4 running on my Odroid HC2 (with a WD RED in it) to use it as a media streaming server and as a download station. That worked well, after some plugin messed up my setup and I had to flash a new OS anyway.

That's why I upgraded to OMV 5 (which is newly recommended in the guides).

My Setup includes: Pi-Hole and ioBroker through the Armbian-Installer, Docker installed through the OMV-extras section and Cockpit installed there as well. My first problem: Portainer can't be installed. It always gives me a cryptic error message, but without Portainer (attachment 1) would be totally fine and just use Cockpit. Edit: Trying to launch Portainer through Cockpit gives the error in Attachment 4.

OK, now to my second and main error: If I setup JDownloader2 using jaymoulin's image, I always get to the point, where JDownloader only sees the boot SD drive as a download drive (attachment 2). It's an old and well discussed problem, that's normally attached to wrong volume mounts, but I double checked and did it this way: I set up JDownloader pretty much exactly according to jaymoulins instructions that worked with my old setup, but with new mounting folder paths, of course. On armbian, my /sharedfolders/xyz tree does not work anymore and I mount the volumes to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-omv/xyz (see attachment 3). Is this the wrong way? UID and GID are the normal 1000 and 100.

OK, that's pretty much it. I hope someone knows their way around my problems. I actually miss the old way OMV was structured in V4. (And: The tried and true docker-gui as well. :-D)

Thanks in advance for your help!

• att2 shows a different path for the downloads than att3.

You got my hopes really high up that fixing that would directly fix my problem. :D But I tried, and well: Things got weird! As you see in attachment A, switching the wrong section in the docker mounting command, changes it the other way around: JDownloader now shows /root/Downloads as its target directory. What? In attachment B you see that I changed the volume mounts to the way it should have been.

• OK, so a few month later scouring the internet didn't help me solve my problem. The status quo isn't working, I can't get JDownloader to download straight to the HDD. I'm really sad as everything was working out so great in OMV 4. :( Just downloading everything to PC first and then moving it to the NAS. Over and out!

• Hi I have installed JDownloader but the downloaded files are not shown in the A folder?

A question mark does not make this sentence a question.

And some more details make it more likely to get answers.

- What you observer

- What you expected

- How to reproduce / how did you install

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I installed jdownloader following this tutorial

https://hub.docker.com/r/jaymoulin/jdownloader

the only thing i changed is host to my SSD.

container /opt/JDownloader/Downloads

host /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-d0895845-4124-477e-b31e-f4be91423bbb/downloads

container /opt/JDownloader/app/cfg

host /home/pi/jdownloads/config

I can download files, but they don't show up in the folder at /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-d0895845-4124-477e-b31e-f4be91423bbb/downloads

thx

• show your docker-compose and check for capitalisation.

Or: start a shell inside the container and use find or ls /opt/JDownloadet/Downloads to check where it places the files

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• How are you managing your container, portainer?

Select your container and click the exec symbol:

Double check volume spelling and jdownloader settings.

• you have to enter the path inside the container I to jdownloader, northern host path. It should be /opt/JDownloader/Downloads

• yes but the data should be on the ssd save.

i have the containers on

• But in JDownloader you configured the /srv/... path, nut you named it /opt/JDownloader/Downloads inside the container.

ls -l /opt/JDownloader/Downloads inside the container will show an empty directory,

ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-d0895845-4124-477e-b31e-f4be91423bbb/downloads will show your downloaded files.

EIther you change the path in the image above to /opt/JDownloader/Downloads or

you change the mount in the docker-compose.yml to

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-d0895845-4124-477e-b31e-f4be91423bbb/downloads;/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-d0895845-4124-477e-b31e-f4be91423bbb/downloads

• i thought there was a path to the container and to the host, i.e. my SSD

host /home/pi/jdownloads/config

i adjusted the paths as in the tutorial at 12:07

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

at him is

host /mnt/ssd*********

host /mnt/ssd*********

Thx you

• As I told you, I do not have the time to watch this video to understand what others are doing. Ask him.

• I checked it: He dose a mount from mnt/... to /opt/JDownloader/Downloads.

His /mnt/... is equivalent to your /srv/dev-disk-by-...

But I did not check if he set the download directory to something else than /opt/JDownloader/DOwnloads as you did in #12

You will have to wach the video again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!