Entering commands in portainer.

• Words cannot describe just how much I hate the total geek nature of Docker, its just horrid. But apparently this is what we have now.

I am trying to install a minecraft sewrver docker in order to get it to run I have to put in -e EULA=TRUE after 'Docker Run'

I have clicked every button I can find in portainer and can find no way to enter this command or where to put it.

Can someone help?

I remember those lovely plugins we used to have for OMV :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Words cannot describe just how much I hate the total geek nature of Docker, its just horrid

Running OMV itself is "total geek nature".

I am trying to install a minecraft sewrver docker in order to get it to run I have to put in -e EULA=TRUE after 'Docker Run'

The -e flag for docker means you are specifying an environment variable. So, in the Advanced Container settings, click on the Env tab, click Add environment variable, set the name to EULA, and set the value to TRUE. I don't even use portainer by the way. I like docker-compose from the command line but you could use docker-compose files in the stacks section.

I remember those lovely plugins we used to have for OMV

I don't remember those. I do remember a lot more work on my part...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks ryecoaaron I'll give your suggestion a try.

I only use portainer because it was there, I really struggle with terminal and to be fair have got a couple of dockers going in the end.

I have to say all in all I find virtual machines far easier to set up.

• Docker CLI is pretty deep geek IMO :) I have the same struggle with docker, but somehow get along ok with OMV.

Good luck garyi.

I found your thread looking for the same sort of info - something I ran from docker command line 'works', where as when I try to kick it off using the portainer interface, the results are not as positive. So much to learn...

Mark D

OMV6.1.0 upgraded from 5 on a Core2Duo

mergerfs & snapraid

Docker for urbackup, omada controller, adguard.

• macom, let's say it wasn't an environmental variable.

example, I ran my plex container recently using

Code
    docker run  --health-timeout 30s a0ffee54489d

which greatly reduced timeout related log entries under heavy cpu load (when snapraid is working). But, I can't figure out how to set up the same health timeout via the portainer interface. Any experience with this? I messed around with the command and entrypoint, but was not successful.

Mark D

OMV6.1.0 upgraded from 5 on a Core2Duo

mergerfs & snapraid

Docker for urbackup, omada controller, adguard.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any experience with this?

While the Advanced Container Settings -> Capabilities tab has most command line flags, it does not have the health-timeout flag. Some things might just have to be run from command line or docker-compose/stacks.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!