Replace disk USB enclosure - problems/questions

• Hi all,

I needed to replace my drive USB enclose.

Shut down raspberry pi, removed the drive, tried it connecting to an Ubuntu box, all data seems to be in place.

Then connected it back to the OMV NAS

1. First I see some leftovers "Missing" in UI FS and not sure how to remove it ?

2. All my shares do not work anymore and FS does not list that disk as mounted.

(maybe I should've unmounted fs before removing the drive ?)

I can redo all and wipe it out, but wonder it there is a better way (otherwise seems wrong to me)

Maybe there is a way to reset this to good state?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• The drive was mounted "by-id". The id has probably changed when putting it in the new enclosure. If you are able to change the id to the previous value the drive might be recognized as the correct one.

I reformatted the drive already, but wonder, can the ID be changed somewhere in config files ?

• I just created an account to get help with the same problem. Switched from a usb2 to a usb3 sata to usb adapter.

From what I can tell, there's some salt config remaining that should be gone.

The actual error I'm getting is:

This is the second step in executing the following command behind the scenes:

Code
    export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run fstab 2>&1

Now it seems to me that if I'd be able to remove that salt "task", I'd be fine. Trouble is, I don't have the knowledge to do that. Browsing around /etc/salt hasn't proven fruitful yet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!