[solved] Help! High load and lots of syslog entries

• Hm,

it´s back :(

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

All looks fine there. Can you explain this path:

/df/df-media-6629d1a2-277f-4fbe-b660-6422d0836314

Seems like the RRD graph failed to update - df media UUID for use of this specific hard disk.

Either the hard disk is missing, which i doubt, or your system time jumped way too much for the RRD graph to keep up.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi,

but what can I do now?

I´ve deleted the ntp server and set the time manually -> Problem still exists.

I´ve added an other ntp Server -> Problem still exists.

Between the steps I rebootet my OMV. And the system time is always correct.

• Dunno. The time must jumped inbetween. Have to look later or tomorrow at this.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hi,

Same problem here :

Don't know exactly when it started.

Regard

Stefano

• Quoting from http://collectd.org/faq.shtml

Whats the output of the following command:

Code
    ps aux | grep collectd

You may also try the grep command in the above quote.

Greetings
    David

• Hi David,

it really seems that df is loaded twice:

Code
    root@intrepid:~# grep -i LoadPlugin /etc/collectd/collectd.conf | egrep -v '^[[:space:]]*#' | sort | uniq -c
          1 LoadPlugin cpu
          2 LoadPlugin df
          1 LoadPlugin interface
          1 LoadPlugin load
          1 LoadPlugin memory
          1 LoadPlugin rrdtool
          1 LoadPlugin syslog
          1 LoadPlugin unixsock

Code
    root@intrepid:~# ps aux | grep collectd
    root      1521  0.0  0.0 231500  1980 ?        Ssl  Jan26   1:09 /usr/sbin/collectd -C /etc/collectd/collectd.conf -P /var/run/collectd.pid
    root     29667  0.0  0.0   9664   844 pts/0    S+   06:49   0:00 grep collectd
  • Im at work now, without good internet. Either google yourself for how to stop the plugin that was startes twice or wait for me to come back later with a solution.

Greetings

• It is very weird error. We have never seen it and in less than a week 2 people have it. Can both of you please tell us what you had installed on your OMV? I got feeling we may see this against and it we be nice if we can figure out where it is coming from.

• Hi,

here is my actual list of the installed plugins:

For about two weeks I installed vdr. But I´ve already removed it. Therefor I installed only a driver for my Sundtek DVB-C card.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

It is very weird error. We have never seen it and in less than a week 2 people have it. Can both of you please tell us what you had installed on your OMV? I got feeling we may see this against and it we be nice if we can figure out where it is coming from.

Wait a minute! Volker changed some of the RRD graph code, maybe its a bug in the code change? Feel free to report it on the bugtracker so Volker has a look at it or I will do it later on.

Greetings
    David

• Hi,
    Same problem here:

Code
    LoadPlugin syslog
    LoadPlugin rrdtool
    LoadPlugin unixsock
    LoadPlugin cpu
    LoadPlugin df
    LoadPlugin df
    LoadPlugin interface
    LoadPlugin load
    LoadPlugin memory
    LoadPlugin nut

I deleted the double entry in collectd.conf and the flood seems finished ..

Greetings

• Can check it later when I'm home. My NAS is not often active these days, only two or three times or so.

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have three OMV boxes that are on 24/7 and syslog is normal.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Volker fixed it. However he has not added it to the changelog for 0.5.33, yet.

See:
    http://sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/869/
    and
    http://sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/870/

Greetings
    David

• I had made a clone of my vm just before this happened. It is caused by a double entry in the /etc/collectd/collectd.conf

You will have to entries like this

You should only have 1 entry. Now here is a list of upgrades my clone shows. So the problem has to be from one of these:

Code
    openmediavault-clamav
    openmediavault-git
    openmediavault-greyhole
    openmediavault-nut
    openmediavault-rsnapshot
    openmediavault-snapraid
    openmediavault-supportinfo
    openmediavault-vdr
    openmediavault-website

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!