No directory, logging in with HOME=/

• Greetings all. Very new to OMV and forgive any obvious ignorance on proper use but I would appreciate some help if possible.

I installed OMV 5.4 on my NAS a few months ago and everything went smooth. It's been working wonderfully until a few days ago when I realized one of my containers in Portainer was no loading properly. To diagnose the problem, I attempted to log into OMV through my web GUI. After entering my login credentials, I would get no response other than the obvious refreshing of the page, then right back to the login prompt.

I logged into my NAS directly and encountered the same issue. However, in this case, I saw a flash of text before it refreshed back to the login. I took a photo of it to read it in full and it shows this:

I've read many posts on using omv-firstaid, however, I'm unable to get to a command prompt to utilize it. I've also attempted to login with ROOT and simply get a login incorrect prompt.

All this considered, I'm able to see the OMV and SMB shares in Windows along with all the associated files. Additionally, I'm able to log into Portainer and view the active containers although only one of them seems to be running despite them all reading as "Running".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• You can not login to the console or shell with the admin user.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Ok showing my ignorance naturally.

I've also tried logging in with my Root and the password I created when I first installed. Getting Login incorrect. To be clear, I'm also unable to login with the admin or root login via the web console either. Any suggestions for this situation?

• You can not login to the WebGUI as the root user in the default install. If you cannot login to the webGUI with the admin user, then either the password is incorrect or the filesystem might be full.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thank you for helping out.

I was able to follow a guide to reset my root password and I'm now able to log in with the root. When I attempt to log into the OMV web UI with the admin user and password (which I know is correct), I do not get a failed login like I do if I purposefully enter incorrect information. It just refreshes back to login again.

Assuming my filesystem might be full, which I cannot imagine it to be, how would I go about checking that or fixing it?

RESOLVED - Thank you. I used omv-firstaid to use the clean option and that got me back in correctly. Thanks for your advice.

• Riley341

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!