Docker is affecting folder permissions, how do i reset after a specific time

• Every time I turn my server on my folder permissions are fine. This is until my dockers start running 30s~ after startup , and they prevent me from writing to my folders over SMB unless I reset them within the GUI.

I've tried using the command /usr/sbin/omv-resetperms and creating a scheduled job upon reboot but this doesn't work for me, as the command is ran before the dockers startup.

Is there anyway to offset the command by a minute after startup or an alternative command that would achieve the same goal ?

• What are the permissions when you first turn on the server? What files and folders are invloved?

What do they become when things stop working?

Are you sure about what process is changing them? What process is that?

I would not rely on the OMV GUI to set permissions and unless you really understand what ACLs are, don't use them.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The folder in question is my ZFS pool, this is where all of my data, outside of the OMV system, is stored.

On startup the folder privileges have my user account set to Read/Write. Under ACLs the owner is root with Read/Write/Execute set as permissions, users and other also have Read/Write/Execute. None of these settings are changed after the permissions break, or after I use the GUI reset permissions tool, however that does enable me to write to the folders.

The error I get over SMB is "You require permission from Unix User\admin to make changes to this folder."

• I do not use any of the features in OMV's Access Rights Management | Shared Folders panel. I run more than a dozen dockers. And I don't have these types of problems. I also got away from using Samba/CIFS shares with Linux on both ends and use only NFS now.

Sorry, I have no suggestions for you other than to very carefully review your use and understanding of OMV's ACLs. Not using them at all would be a good place to start.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The folder in question is my ZFS pool, this is where all of my data, outside of the OMV system, is stored.

On startup the folder privileges have my user account set to Read/Write. Under ACLs the owner is root with Read/Write/Execute set as permissions, users and other also have Read/Write/Execute. None of these settings are changed after the permissions break, or after I use the GUI reset permissions tool, however that does enable me to write to the folders.

The error I get over SMB is "You require permission from Unix User\admin to make changes to this folder."

Well have you actually set permissions for the share?... When you set up the SMB share, did you make sure you enabled 'Honor Existing ACL's'?

• There is a plugin for OMV called reset perms or something like that. Look for a youtube video by Jeff from TDL TechnoDadLife. The install is quick and it resolves the changed permissions for shared folders caused by Docker and/or Portainer.

If you're like me you'll end up using it almost every time you add, update or change a Docker container.

• There is a plugin for OMV called reset perms or something like that. Look for a youtube video by Jeff from TDL TechnoDadLife. The install is quick and it resolves the changed permissions for shared folders caused by Docker and/or Portainer.

If you're like me you'll end up using it almost every time you add, update or change a Docker container.

I have it and I have to use it every time my server turns on. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!