After reinstall, no access to webgui

• Hello there,

I had to reinstall OMV, because it was deinstalled of unknown reason during the installtion of another package... :/

I installed it again following https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html. Now I cannot access OMV per webgui any more.. This error messages pops up:

The file path isn't empty.

The output omv-engined -d -f is below. The last 3 lines may give a hint... Which socket and which permission is meant? nginx is running on port 8080 as an apache instance is running on port 80 and 443.

Thx in advance!

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • The config file was still there... It wasn't lost... And the nginx itself is starting on 8080.

Well, anyway the problem I found after some search was, that the openmediavault_engined wasn't running as it was masked. After I unmasked and started it, everything is fine now.

Now I can login on the webgui again.

Thx for the help

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had to reinstall OMV, because it was deinstalled of unknown reason during the installtion of another package...

Just two hints:

1. when you install a package you are usually presented with what will be installed and what will be uninstalled. Then you are asked to confirm if you want to continue. It makes sense to read what is shown before confirmation.
    2. docker is a great way to avoid dependency problems. You (almost) can't break your system by setting up a container
  • Ok, it happened again as I installed ssmtp. I didn't do any other thing. Why openmediavault is removed every time I install an apt package? Should I clean up apt, or so? I can bring OMV back online reinstalling and unmasking. What's wrong here? It's very annoying...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess if you install ssmtp postfix is removed. And removing postfix removes openmediavault.

from Debian Wiki:

Zitat

Package is currently unmaintained

This package has been orphaned since 2019-03-19

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I try to install msmtp I get this:

Don't you get the question at the end? Do you use the -y option when you install something?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!