Monitoring OMV with Grafana

• I would like to setup a Grafana dashboard to monitor my OMV server. (on a docker container on my OMV instance)

I'd like to monitor CPU, RAM and Hard Disk IO and Disk space.

Which monitoring/reporting tools are already installed on OMV to send data to influxdb?

After a quick search there seems to be a tool called Prometheus which looks interesting but i'd prefer to use existing tools.

• collectd seems to be capable to write to prometheus.

For some time I had an influxdb running on RPi 1 and 4, so I know that the DB works :)

If the idea "bears fruit", that would be a really great solution to visualize the measurements taken for very specific analysis of OMV servers.

When you have some early prototype, I'd be eager to see it :)

As a real world example I'm looking for a better visualization of SMB benchmark results (link in my signature below)

found it in https://github.com/collectd/collectd#readme

"- write_prometheus

Publish values using an embedded HTTP server, in a format compatible with Prometheus' collectd_exporter."

omv 5.5.23-1 (usul) on RPi4 with Kernel 5.10.x and WittyPi 3 RTC HAT

2x 6TB HDD formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!