docker-compose 'command not found'

• Hi Everyone,

I'm following this guide to setup NextCloud but when I'm trying the execute the docker-compose.yml (docker-compose up -d) file, I'm just getting back the "command not found" message. Am I missing something? As far as I know, everything is setup correctly but of course, I could be wrong. The only thing I've done that is somewhat different from this guide is that I'm using ZFS file system for my pool and the kernel is Proxmox, not the default one.

Bear in mind, I am trying to setup with basically no Linux knowledge, just trying to figure it out with guides. It seems, I'm missing a lot of stuff because so far I was not able to set this thing up. At least the normal file sharing through LAN is working, that's something :).

Anyway, your help will be more than appreciated;).

• Agricola

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag
    • Which version of OMV are you running?
    • Did you execute it with sudo?

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you install docker with the "install docker" button in omv-extras? If you didn't, you should've.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• macom

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

gyorfitam You are running OMV5, so if you have docker running as it appears, then docker-compose is installed. Make sure the user executing the docker-compose is in the docker group. you need to prefix your docker-compose up -d with sudo, as in sudo docker-compose up -d. Check out the linked [How-To} that openmedianer noted above. It's laid out well and will answer a lot of your issues.

One thing I noticed from your screen shot above is you need to change the path to your docker storage from /var/lib/docker to something on a data drive, like /srv/dev-disk-by...... . I think the link mentioned goes over that issue. If not get back on the thread and we will show you how.

• Offizieller Beitrag

you need to prefix your docker-compose up -d with sudo

While the image you are running may require sudo (because your user is not in the docker group), you technically don't need sudo to run docker-compose. omv-extras puts it in /usr/bin which should be in every user's path.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks everyone for the help, now it kind of works, although I have issues uploading bigger files but that's a minor issue compared to what I faced so far - and it's another topic.

Basically I had to use like 3 different tutorials and put together somehow what is relevant to me.

So the videos that helped at the end:

Openmediavault 5 (OMV5) Complete Install and Setup including Portainer on PC

Installing ZFS on a New Openmediavault Install Using Proxmox Kernal (This is because I wanted to use Raid-Z2 for my 5 hard drive array)

How to Install NextCloud on Docker with OpenMediaVault 5, Remote Access and SSL

For my original question, the answer was to run this command: apt install docker-compose and then I can run docker-compose up -d

In DB Tech's original blog post, he mentioned to run pecl install smbclient but I had to use apt-get install smbclient instead.

Other than these, I had to follow basically as it is.

• I had this issue today, and I was able to FIX IT!

Docker and Portainer was already installed before and was running fine, showing as "Installed and running" with version 5:20.10.5~3-0~debian-buster

When creating the my first container I ran sudo docker-compose up -d  but was getting the error sudo: docker-compose: command not found

Not sure if related but I changed the path of my Docker Storage to an external drive....

To fix the issue all I did was to go to OMV-Extras > Docker tab > click Docker button > and + Install (again!)

The log window showed "Installing docker-compose..." and I was immediately able to run execute docker-compose, yay! :)

Release: 5.6.2-1

Codename: Usul

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!