ZFS packages update issue (OMV 5.6.0.1)

• i forced overwrite of packages now all is fine and zpool is upgraded but i got this error in interface and no zfs-plugin is available i don't care about zfs-plugin but how to solve the error on the filesystem pane?

ryecoaaron how can i solve it?

• That appears to be caused by 2.03 dkms, but 2.02 works

Where did you get 2.02? My zfs-dkms is at 0.7.12 !!!!

After all the messing about, I only have two options under "update Management -> Install from updates" which are "Pre-release" and "Community-maintained" .. backports is now AWOL.

Code
    ~# apt list zfs-dkms
    zfs-dkms/stable 0.7.12-2+deb10u2 all [residual-config]

• Where did you get 2.02? My zfs-dkms is at 0.7.12 !!!!

After all the messing about, I only have two options under "update Management -> Install from updates" which are "Pre-release" and "Community-maintained" .. backports is now AWOL.

Code
    ~# apt list zfs-dkms
    zfs-dkms/stable 0.7.12-2+deb10u2 all [residual-config]
    Code
    root@openmediavault:~# apt list zfs-dkms
    Listing... Done
    zfs-dkms/buster-backports,now 2.0.3-1~bpo10+1 all [installed]
    N: There is 1 additional version. Please use the '-a' switch to see it
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I've just run dkms status on my VN and got this, the problem appears after the install of dkms 2.03 but with 2.02 everything works, plugin, file system, shared folders

Code
    dkms status
    zfs, 2.0.3, 5.4.98-1-pve, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)
  • I have no idea whether this will help or not. I attempted to update zfs-dkms and encountered an error "Bad return status for module build on Kernel: 5.4.98-1-pve"

• I've just run dkms status on my VN and got this, the problem appears after the install of dkms 2.03 but with 2.02 everything works, plugin, file system, shared folders

Code
    dkms status
    zfs, 2.0.3, 5.4.98-1-pve, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)

same here error in shared folder and file system i don't have any more the zfs-plugin installed

• I've just run dkms status on my VN and got this, the problem appears after the install of dkms 2.03 but with 2.02 everything works, plugin, file system, shared folders

Code
    dkms status

so you reverted? are you testing it on a vm?

• I have done a fresh install of OMV 5.6.0-1 and changed kernel to Linux 5.4.98-1-pve. When attempting to install ZFS plugin I receive the above errors.

• Offizieller Beitrag

so you reverted

I'm trying too, but with no success, this is on a VM, I've got my main server back up because I had a backup and an image file.

But so far there does not appear to be a 2.02 in the deb packages, unless I'm looking in the wrong place :)

• I have done a fresh install of OMV 5.6.0-1 and changed kernel to Linux 5.4.98-1-pve. When attempting to install ZFS plugin I receive the above errors.

problem is that i have upgrade i don't have the plugin anymore but now i have errors on file system pane and shared folders

• Don`t understand what is going on.

I can see and work with my ZFS drives via samba and can see them in network, but can not work from OMV

Plugin was installed, I did not touch it

I have tried to install it again

Successfully installed all these 4 dependencies:

Code
    apt-get install libnvpair1linux
    apt-get install libuutil1linux
    apt-get install libzfs2linux
    apt-get install libzpool2linux

And tried to install ZFS plugin again

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     openmediavault-zfs : Depends: zfsutils-linux but it is not going to be installed
                          Depends: zfs-zed but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

>>> *************** Error ***************
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-zfs 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

What should I do?

• Same issue here - ZFS gone and unable to reinstall.

Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

>>> *************** Error ***************

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-zfs 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have

requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable

distribution that some required packages have not yet been created

or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

openmediavault-zfs : Depends: libnvpair1linux but it is not going to be installed

Depends: libuutil1linux but it is not going to be installed

Depends: libzfs2linux but it is not going to be installed

Depends: libzpool2linux but it is not going to be installed

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

<<< *************************************

Fails to install manually packages from CLI:

root@omv:~# apt install zfsutils-linux

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

The following additional packages will be installed:

libnvpair2linux libuutil2linux libzfs3linux libzpool3linux

Suggested packages:

zfs-initramfs

Recommended packages:

zfs-zed

The following packages will be REMOVED:

libnvpair1linux libuutil1linux libzfs2linux libzpool2linux

The following NEW packages will be installed:

libnvpair2linux libuutil2linux libzfs3linux libzpool3linux zfsutils-linux

0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 4 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 1,988 kB of archives.

After this operation, 2,575 kB of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

Get:1 http://download.proxmox.com/debian buster/pve-no-subscription amd64 libnvpair2linux amd64 2.0.3-pve1 [52.5 kB]

Get:2 http://download.proxmox.com/debian buster/pve-no-subscription amd64 libuutil2linux amd64 2.0.3-pve1 [46.0 kB]

Get:3 http://download.proxmox.com/debian buster/pve-no-subscription amd64 libzfs3linux amd64 2.0.3-pve1 [220 kB]

Get:4 http://download.proxmox.com/debian buster/pve-no-subscription amd64 libzpool3linux amd64 2.0.3-pve1 [1,203 kB]

Get:5 http://download.proxmox.com/debian buster/pve-no-subscription amd64 zfsutils-linux amd64 2.0.3-pve1 [467 kB]

Fetched 1,988 kB in 1s (1,540 kB/s)

(Reading database ... 82547 files and directories currently installed.)

Removing libzpool2linux (0.8.5-pve1) ...

Removing libzfs2linux (0.8.5-pve1) ...

Removing libnvpair1linux (0.8.5-pve1) ...

Removing libuutil1linux (0.8.5-pve1) ...

Selecting previously unselected package libnvpair2linux.

(Reading database ... 82514 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../libnvpair2linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking libnvpair2linux (2.0.3-pve1) ...

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libnvpair2linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb (--unpack):

trying to overwrite '/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvpair.so.3.0.0', which is also in package libnvpair3linux 2.0.3-1~bpo10+1

Selecting previously unselected package libuutil2linux.

Preparing to unpack .../libuutil2linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking libuutil2linux (2.0.3-pve1) ...

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libuutil2linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb (--unpack):

trying to overwrite '/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libuutil.so.3.0.0', which is also in package libuutil3linux 2.0.3-1~bpo10+1

Selecting previously unselected package libzfs3linux.

Preparing to unpack .../libzfs3linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking libzfs3linux (2.0.3-pve1) ...

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libzfs3linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb (--unpack):

trying to overwrite '/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libzfs.so.4.0.0', which is also in package libzfs4linux 2.0.3-1~bpo10+1

dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)

Selecting previously unselected package libzpool3linux.

Preparing to unpack .../libzpool3linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking libzpool3linux (2.0.3-pve1) ...

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libzpool3linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb (--unpack):

trying to overwrite '/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libzpool.so.4.0.0', which is also in package libzpool4linux 2.0.3-1~bpo10+1

dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)

Selecting previously unselected package zfsutils-linux.

Preparing to unpack .../zfsutils-linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking zfsutils-linux (2.0.3-pve1) ...

Errors were encountered while processing:

/var/cache/apt/archives/libnvpair2linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb

/var/cache/apt/archives/libuutil2linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb

/var/cache/apt/archives/libzfs3linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb

/var/cache/apt/archives/libzpool3linux_2.0.3-pve1_amd64.deb

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

• Already created backup and ready to switch to ext4 or xfs, removed everything, but continue see error and can not open File Systems tab in OMV

Code
    apt-get --purge remove zfsutils-linux zfs-zed libnvpair2linux libuutil2linux libzfs3linux
  • Removed everything

Code
    apt-get --purge remove zfsutils-linux zfs-zed libnvpair2linux libuutil2linux libzfs3linux libzpool3linux libzpool2linux libzfs2linux libuutil1linux libnvpair1linux

But still have issue on backend

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try clearing your browser cache and restart omv-engined with sudo monit restart omv-engined

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Try clearing your browser cache and restart omv-engined with sudo monit restart omv-engined

And nothing changed.

Probably I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to fix it and continue using ZFS

2. If I just wipe my ZFS drives, reboot and format them in ext4 (as example) will I see this ZFS error? Because now I do not have
    any ZFS plugin or libraries and anyway see error

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!