can't see OMV from Win 10 box, all other boxes access OMB no problem

• About two months ago my Win 10 desktop suddenly stopped being able to see the network. From File Explorer, typing \\192.168.1.9 (server IP), i get "Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.9". Also, under Network tab, OMV is naturally not showing up. Discovery and file sharing is on, and has been , set up. I have tried rebooting the server, to no avail. I've tried using wireshark to see if i could figure out what is the problem but wireshark confuses me. I've googled this problem and no one seems to offer helpful answers. I hope you guys and gals here can help me. My last resort would be reinstalling Windows. And i don't even know if that would fix the problem. I've also tried turning SMB off and then on again, but that didn't work. Any suggestions? BTW, before OMB i was using FreeNAS and sometimes had the same problem, but only from this one Win 10 box. Back then i chalked it up to my not having configured FreeNAS properly. But the problem probably lies elsewhere. Granted this may not be an OMV-specific problem but i don't know where else to turn.

• Offizieller Beitrag
  • Check that your network in windows 10 is set to private. By default it sets to public which can cause issues with network shares.

Former Xpenology user moved to OMV 7.x with ZFS.

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x 32GB USB - 1x 480 GB SSD - 4x 16TB Exos (Shucked) / ZFS - OMV 7.x bare metal

HP Microserver Gen7 N54L - 8GB RAM - 1x 32GB USB - 1x 240 GB SSD - 4x 4TB / ZFS - OMV 7.x bare metal

• Check that your network in windows 10 is set to private. By default it sets to public which can cause issues with network shares.

Choosing the public setting for a network simply disables network discovery and file sharing. It's not a separate setting, more of a "default" scenario. The OP stated that discovery and file sharing are turned on.

Possibly it may be Windows' own firewall interfering with access to 192.168.1.9. That would be the next thing to look into.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!