can't access omv panel after nextcloud install

• Hello

This is my first topic on the forum, so i want to say hi to all. Since two months i am struggling to build best nas for me and my family, on an old AMD64 PC. By saying best i don't mean fully loaded, so i install, try and uninstall different components. The nextcloud has about everything i need. I could access the omv panel after installing NC, but after tweaking some php, ini and conf files, i am no longer able to access omv user interface.

I did change port 80 to 81 and 443 to 444. I suspect that the reason of this situation is some proxy settings.

After two months of struggling i am a bit tired of searching what i did wrong. You may say it's the best way to learn, but i'm just tired, so decided to ask for help.

Where, which logs to look for or which files should i check/edit?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I feel your pain. Many of us have been there. I'm not sure how you have attempted to install Nextcloud, or even how you have your base OMV install set up, but maybe a fresh start will do the trick. Here's the best method I know of. There are many factors you don't mention, but if you don't have any data on your drives you may wish to start from scratch using this OMV Installation and Setup How-To first.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• I did the fresh install ...three times since yesterday :D
    do You mean this alternative installation? Does it make any difference compared to typical instalation which in my case is good, everything works fine. I can access, docker, portainer, add drives, shares, install and use duckdns, airsonic, syncthing, filebrowser. The only problem is wanishing GUI of OMV. Since installed everything i need, and still can install components via portainer or yacht that would be enough. But i forgot to set SAMBA shares and can't add external drive to nextcloud <X

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did the fresh install ...three times since yesterday :D
    do You mean this alternative installation? Does it make any difference compared to typical instalation which in my case is good, everything works fine. I can access, docker, portainer, add drives, shares, install and use duckdns, airsonic, syncthing, filebrowser. The only problem is wanishing GUI of OMV. Since installed everything i need, and still can install components via portainer or yacht that would be enough. But i forgot to set SAMBA shares and can't add external drive to nextcloud <X

It sounds like you're setting up something to take port 80... which OMV needs.

Log in via SSH or Console as root and run omv-firstaid One of the options is to 'Configure web control panel'.. choose that and when it asks for the port, change it from 80, to another port on your server that is not in use (say, 81).. Then save the changes.

Now to get to the OMV webui try going to yourserverip:port

• forgot to mention... omv-firstaid is dead after installing nextcloud. i have checked before and it was healthy. now it shows this message:

root@omv:~# omv-firstaid

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/sbin/omv-firstaid", line 92, in <module>

sys.exit(main())

File "/usr/sbin/omv-firstaid", line 57, in main

modules = load_modules()

File "/usr/sbin/omv-firstaid", line 44, in load_modules

mod = __import__(modname)

File "/usr/share/openmediavault/firstaid/modules.d/61aptclean.py", line 22, in <module>

import openmediavault.subprocess

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openmediavault.subprocess'

I did change port 80 to 81 and 443 to 444

maby it's the case of different certificates? to enable change of port 443 a had to install own ssl certificate. Nextcloud is running on letsencrypt certificate.

and i have last suspect. As sugessted on dbtech blog i fixed the https issue by adding line:

Code
    'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

to the file:

/root/app/config/config.php

• I can access, docker, portainer, add drives, shares, install and use duckdns, airsonic, syncthing, filebrowser. The only problem is wanishing GUI of OMV. Since installed everything i need, and still can install components via portainer or yacht that would be enough

If you have nextcloud running on docker, you don't mess with any files from OMV Gui (at least, if you follow the instructions right).

Which means, you're probably editing PHPs that are out of the nextcloud configuration.

I recall the DBTech guide telling to search for ALL config.phps on the server and edit some parts: THIS IS WRONG.

If, as you said, you reinstalled it recently (means you can have a fresh start), start by:

1 - Install Debian Lite version

2 - Run the OMV installation Script

2a - Change the port for OMV to something different (58080, for eg) via the Gui

3 - Set all your shared folders, users and install Docker via OMV Gui

4 - Install Nextcloud via the guide on this forum by macom verbatim

5 - Only edit/create/move files that are mentioned

• If, as you said, you reinstalled it recently (means you can have a fresh start), start by:

it looks like the best solution.

Meanwhile i removed my Volumio SD card from raspberry 3, inserted fresh raspberry pi OS lite and installed Nextcloud.

Maby if everything i need which is: nextcloud, airsonic, SSL (letsencrypt), duckdns, pihole, Samba and maby ChaCha ;) will work fine i will quit OMV. Is there something i will loose by betraying OMV? Perhaps disk usage, SMART and performance statistics.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there something i will loose by betraying OMV?

The best, most helpful community on the internet. That’s all. No big deal.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Hi there,

Something went wrong ...again
    As before - omv-firstaid is dead

Is there a way to check or better change ports of omv in CLI?

and Yes! I tried OMV once again

It's rather frustrating, because i've been tweaking OMV for last two months, never getting any serious problems. Now it is disaster

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!