Help with Docker - not running and cannot uninstall

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have absolutely no idea. That makes no sense. I just installed docker on a clean virtual machine with zero issues. It looks like it's claiming there's an issue in the export path, but not really sure how to fix that.

ryecoaaron

• I noticed that the uninstall log mentions docker-ce whereas the reinstall log mentions docker-compose being installed - but no sign of docker-ce being installed as well.

If docker-ce is a required dependency of docker-compose (and is thus supposed to be auto-installed along with docker-compose), I would think this would be logged as well.

Could this be the issue?

What if you were to uninstall through the GUI, then manually do apt update and apt install docker-ce, and then reinstall from the GUI?

• cubemin OK that was weird. I followed your advice:

1. uninstall through the GUI,
    2. manually do apt update and
    3. apt install docker-ce,
    4. reinstall from the GUI?

Completed step 3 above and returned to the GUI tab for Docker. Here's what I found:

KM0201 The output from docker info | grep Root is:

Docker Root Dir: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data/Container

The output from systemctl status docker is:

~

OMV 5.6.11-1 ■ AMD 6 Core ■ 8TB ■ 32GB SSD Boot

• cubemin  KM0201  kenboyer-kb I really appreciate all of your help so far and it seems that Docker is now installed and running BUT I am a little leery about further steps until I am able to determine just how stable this whole thing is. This is on a working system so I don't want to break basic OMV functions.

1. Is there a way to check Docker to make sure that it is in fact a good install?
    2. Does it seem strange to anyone that by apt install docker-ce it would reinstall the whole ball of wax without me touching the GUI?
    3. Once step 1 above is done will it be OK to install Portainer.
    4. Also when other changes are made to OMV via the GUI you get the banner asking you to confirm changes but in the above case that did not happen. Is this normal for Docker installs ( I cant recall what occurred when I originally installed it).

The command docker run hello-world provides me with the following outupt:

So does that tell me that all is well in Docker land?

OMV 5.6.11-1 ■ AMD 6 Core ■ 8TB ■ 32GB SSD Boot

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!