A little guide to make a backup of the OMV system disk with Clonezilla (with PartedMagic).
How to create a bootable PartedMagic Usb stick: http://partedmagic.com/creating-the-liveusb/
- shutdown your OMV box
- plug in the PartedMagic Usb stick
- power on your OMV box
- go to your main pc/laptop/tablet(!?)
- connect to your router webpage and search for "devices" or "devices list"
- you should find an IP number with the name "partedmagic"
- note down the IP number (for example: 192.168.0.103 )
- launch Putty (or similar program)
- connect in SSH (port 22) with the IP number you have noted down (for example: 192.168.0.103:22 )
- at login prompt enter: "root" (without quotes )
- at password prompt enter: "partedmagic" (without quotes )
- enter the command: chmod a+x /root/.xinitrc
- enter the command: vncserver :60 (you can use any number, just remember which number you have entered )
- open your VNC client and connect to the IP address you noted+colon (:)+the number you entered earlyer (for example: 192.168.0.103:60 )
- now you should see the PartedMagic desktop!
- from here you can use CloneZilla or any other program shipped in PartedMagic.
Thanks for the precious infos to the user burdi01 on the PartedMagic forums, and of course to the PartedMagic author!