Networking borked after router change

• I recently changed my networking setup in my home. I switched from the rental Gateway provided by Comcast, which had a subnet of 10.0.0.0/24, to an owned Modem and Router seperate units, this router is currently operating in a 192.168.1.1/24 subnet.

I forgot that I had set my OMV server to have a static ip of 10.0.0.100 and neglected to remove this before changing my router unit out.

I am now unable to get the OMV server to connect to the new network no matter what I try. I have tried setting static and DHCP both seperately on eno1 and enp3s0 through omv-firstaid but to no avail.

Reboots do not solve.

I would really like to avoid wiping my install and replacing it if at all possible.

I have provided below the output of 'ip a'

Code
    1: Loopback interface info
    2: enp3s0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdidsc pfifo_fast state DOWN group default alen 1000
        link/ether SOME IPV6 LOOKING INFO
    3: eno1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I have tried setting static and DHCP both seperately on eno1 and enp3s0 through omv-firstaid but to no avail.

I assume by the above you have run omv-firstaid directly on the server, with a keyboard and monitor attached, if so then once the configuration is complete, if ip a returns no ip if you have selected dhcp, then you are looking at hardware, first port of call is change the ethernet cable.

Is omv connected to a switch or directly connected to the router

• Take a look at the output you posted:

Code
    1: Loopback interface info

2: enp3s0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdidsc pfifo_fast state DOWN group default alen 1000

link/ether SOME IPV6 LOOKING INFO

3: eno1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000

"... state DOWN ..." -->

You don't have a link on both your NICs.

Check the cable(s) router port etc.

Cheers,

Thomas

• I assume by the above you have run omv-firstaid directly on the server, with a keyboard and monitor attached, if so then once the configuration is complete, if ip a returns no ip if you have selected dhcp, then you are looking at hardware, first port of call is change the ethernet cable.

Is omv connected to a switch or directly connected to the router

This is correct as to what I have attempted. I have it connected to a switch not directly to the router. However, that is exactly how I had it configured before I changed the router out.

Cables are properly seated on all ends of the connection.

• Please disregard my previous comment. It seems I was in error and the cord in question was not routed to the switch and thus was not plugged in properly like I thought it was. I have subsequently fixed my stupidity and things are mostly working now

• sdooweloc

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!