apt update produce many ignore rows

• Hello,

after installing OMV 5.6.8 on Debian 10.9 "apt update" produce many rows with ignore infos.

Debian is installed in a Vbox-VM. I have tried to install OMV twice but the behaviour is the same. Before OMV is installed the output from "apt update" ist OK, just a few rows. After OMV is installed there is the latch of messages.

I have searched for a solution and have found similar threads but nothing matches sufficiently.

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try installing the OMV ISO from a cd. I installed that way last week on a VM and it went perfectly.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks all fine. Same for me, when there are no upgrades available.

BTW: it is usually better to do the updates form the GUI of OMV

• Really? The whole ignore messages are normal? What is the meaning of these lines?

Code
    Ign:1 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives  InRelease 
    Ign:2 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives  Release 
    Ign:3 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives  Packages 
    Ign:4 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives  Translation-en 
    Ign:5 file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives  Translation-de

Why is it better to do update from the GUI?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Really? The whole ignore messages are normal? What is the meaning of these lines?

https://askubuntu.com/question…running-an-apt-get-update

Why is it better to do update from the GUI?

It does things for you, so that you don't have to bother.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!