OMV 4.1.36-1 Update management issues

• Hello,

Been running OMV 4.1.36-1 for a long time without issue but recently the updates seem to be playing up. I tried searching and reviewing some of the solutions but I am drawing a blank and would appreciate an assist.

I tried the omv-firstaid to clear the 'local upload package repository' and 'apt' also tried to troubleshoot by disabling one of the repositories in omv-extras, adding google DNS and checking my system time were correct.

Really appreciate any help.

Cheers Dan

• Offizieller Beitrag

Take a look here.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• OMV 4 is EOL and it's possible the repositories for it have been shuttered.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 4 is EOL and it's possible the repositories for it have been shuttered.

Surprisingly, all of the omv-extras repos are still available back to 0.5. I did move the bintray repos (when bintray shutdown) to github. This was for omv-extras 3.x, 4.x, 5.x. I just never updated the omv-extras package for 3.x and 4.x (since they were EOL) to point to the new github repos. I did post instructions on how to change an existing system to github but this is really just for purposes to upgrade to a support OMV version.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did post instructions on how to change an existing system to github but this is really just for purposes to upgrade to a support OMV version.

Oops. I misunderstood.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Oops. I misunderstood.

No, I think you did the right thing and pointed to that thread.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!