OMV 4.1.36-1 Update management issues

• Hello,

Been running OMV 4.1.36-1 for a long time without issue but recently the updates seem to be playing up. I tried searching and reviewing some of the solutions but I am drawing a blank and would appreciate an assist.

I tried the omv-firstaid to clear the 'local upload package repository' and 'apt' also tried to troubleshoot by disabling one of the repositories in omv-extras, adding google DNS and checking my system time were correct.

Really appreciate any help.

Cheers Dan

• Take a look here.

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    Server Software: OMV 5 (current) - My Main Server: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - My Backup Machine: NanoPi M4 (v.1), Pi-Hole - Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user converting to Linux, Debian 10 KDE.

• OMV 4 is EOL and it's possible the repositories for it have been shuttered.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

• OMV 4 is EOL and it's possible the repositories for it have been shuttered.

Surprisingly, all of the omv-extras repos are still available back to 0.5. I did move the bintray repos (when bintray shutdown) to github. This was for omv-extras 3.x, 4.x, 5.x. I just never updated the omv-extras package for 3.x and 4.x (since they were EOL) to point to the new github repos. I did post instructions on how to change an existing system to github but this is really just for purposes to upgrade to a support OMV version.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I did post instructions on how to change an existing system to github but this is really just for purposes to upgrade to a support OMV version.

Oops. I misunderstood.

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    Server Software: OMV 5 (current) - My Main Server: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - My Backup Machine: NanoPi M4 (v.1), Pi-Hole - Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user converting to Linux, Debian 10 KDE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!