omv-extras plugins - porting progress to OMV 6.x (done)

• Post a screenshot of your job. I am guessing you are leaving a field empty.

Aha, you are right. I didn't need a comment so left the field empty. Filling it with any character does the job right. It doesn't leave a notice that it needs to be filled. Thx for the plugin and pointing that out :thumbup:

Edit: the commentfield needs to be activated and filled with a character. Deleting the character (because you don't need it) still makes it possible to save the job. Without activation of the field it results in error 400.

Asus P42 Intel N100 | OMV 7 latest

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ruudm ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

it cannot read the UUID of the /srv/mergerfs/MOVIEALL folder.

The only reason I can think that would happen is if it has something to do with capital letters (which I never use) or it didn't mount for some reason. If the mount isn't in /proc/mounts, it won't be able to find it.

Aha, you are right. I didn't need a comment so left the field empty. Filling it with any character does the job right. It doesn't leave a notice that it needs to be filled. Thx for the plugin and pointing that out :thumbup:

Edit: the commentfield needs to be activated and filled with a character. Deleting the character (because you don't need it) still makes it possible to save the job. Without activation of the field it results in error 400.

That is because the comment is required. It probably should be labeled name but it has always been labeled comment.

• brand new installation. I just test everything is still perfect. until then i use omv5.

route is just as good: / srv / example hdd /

folder cannot be mounted does not work:

/ srv / example hdd / folder

Working thank you for the work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

brand new installation. I just test everything is still perfect. until then i use omv5.

6.0.2 is in the repo. It is possible you were getting this error because the pool directory (/srv/mergerfs) did not exist and the mount file is not creating it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I reinstalled from scratch again but now things are worse. I cannot mount any filesystems. The "select filesystems" input doesn't show anything to chose from. All the disks are present in the Disks section.

Is it possible to go back to OMV 5 on Bullseye? Nothing is working here for me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The "select filesystems" input doesn't show anything to chose from

where are you looking?

All the disks are present in the Disks section.

Are they mounted by OMV?

Is it possible to go back to OMV 5 on Bullseye?

No. OMV 5 only works on Buster. OMV 6 only works on Bullseye.

Nothing is working here for me.

Browser cache? I have omv6 on six VMs and I am going to upgrade my main server soon. I don't know why things would be so much worse now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I hadn't removed all the desktop packages from the Bulleyes installation so I think the drives were automounted on boot. It works now that I mounted them directly in OMV after removing the desktop environment.

• The only reason I can think that would happen is if it has something to do with capital letters (which I never use) or it didn't mount for some reason. If the mount isn't in /proc/mounts, it won't be able to find it.

After a reinstall i tried again. My "TVALL" works fine and I can share it.
    I created my MOVIEALL merge and it works but I cannot share it. The ability to browse for filesystems in the "Shared Folders" section is broken.
    I get a 500 error saying it cannot extract the UUID for MOVIEALL.

Here is the result of mounts in proc

TVALL:2dababce-a736-4dd9-ac19-554ef3245199 /srv/mergerfs/TVALL fuse.mergerfs rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0

MOVIEALL:0990ecc3-5f49-4b57-a3ea-199b72b9c876 /srv/mergerfs/MOVIEALL fuse.mergerfs rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0

• ryecoaaron: Thank you very much for porting mergerfs, it was the last plugin I was waiting for.

to those who upgraded: What's the best way of handling mergerfs when going from 5 to 6? I imagine the best way would be to disable mergerfs in 5 and re-enable it in 6. Any other suggested steps? Thank you in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I hadn't removed all the desktop packages from the Bulleyes installation so I think the drives were automounted on boot. It works now that I mounted them directly in OMV after removing the desktop environment.

Why are you using a desktop image?

I created my MOVIEALL merge and it works but I cannot share it. The ability to browse for filesystems in the "Shared Folders" section is broken.
    I get a 500 error saying it cannot extract the UUID for MOVIEALL.

I'll have to look. I hate capital letters and that is the only thing I can think of.

What's the best way of handling mergerfs when going from 5 to 6? I imagine the best way would be to disable mergerfs in 5 and re-enable it in 6. Any other suggested steps? Thank you in advance.

I spent days getting the upgrade to work. If you have to disable it, I wasted a lot of time. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…f.service.mergerfs_6.0.sh

• I spent days getting the upgrade to work. If you have to disable it, I wasted a lot of time. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…f.service.mergerfs_6.0.sh

I haven't gone through the upgrade process yet, just wanted to be prepared. I simply assumed disabling and reenabling mergerfs plugin after upgrade was the safer option. Your work is hugely appreciated, even more so if the transition from 5 to 6 is that smooth. Thank you once again.

• Why are you using a desktop image?

I'll have to look. I hate capital letters and that is the only thing I can think of.

I spent days getting the upgrade to work. If you have to disable it, I wasted a lot of time. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…f.service.mergerfs_6.0.sh

I am using the desktop image because it's the only image I can find that is arm64 for the Raspberry pi. This worked perfectly fine with OMV5.

Why would capital letters be a problem? It also worked perfectly fine with OMV5. I guess i can try without though. Why would one merge work and not the other? They are both capital letters.

• I am using the desktop image because it's the only image I can find that is arm64 for the Raspberry pi

You need to look better:

http://downloads.raspberrypi.o…os_lite_arm64-2021-11-08/

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why would capital letters be a problem? It also worked perfectly fine with OMV5. I guess i can try without though. Why would one merge work and not the other? They are both capital letters.

Did you miss the part about a complete rewrite? What worked in OMV 5 is irrelevant. It isn't mergerfs having the problem. It is the plugin. There are many times case breaks things. I'm not saying that is the issue. I was just guessing. It could an RPi thing too. I still need to look but I am still putting out fires with other omv 6.x users. New release time is my favorite........

• More info would be helpful. And just to remind people, this is a complete rewrite. I really hope people are just installing it on their main systems and then expect me to help fix something that might have broke.

I reinstalled OMV6. It's a new fresh, but not updated from OMV5. The omv-extras and mergerfs plugin is also fresh.

I tried to merge 4 partitions, named media, so I wrote path like this:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-00000000-1234-5678-0000-123456789010
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-10000000-1234-5678-0000-123456789011
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20000000-1234-5678-0000-123456789012
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-30000000-1234-5678-0000-123456789013

But I got the notice: 500 - Internal Server ErrorCouldn't extract an UUID from the provided path '/srv/mergerfs/media'.

I tried to add "/" after path, such as:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-00000000-1234-5678-0000-123456789010/
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-10000000-1234-5678-0000-123456789011/
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-20000000-1234-5678-0000-123456789012/
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-30000000-1234-5678-0000-123456789013/

But I got the same ERROR notice.

I checked the path /srv/, and found there's no "mergerfs" folder. Even I make a folder named "mergerfs", it still replied the 500 ERROR notice.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But I got the same ERROR notice.

Did you read the bugs fixed in this thread?

Have you filled all the fields? Don't leave any fields empty.

Have you used capital letters? Don't use capital letters.

If you have done this and it is still wrong, try to find and publish the error output and publish what your hardware is.

• Did you miss the part about a complete rewrite? What worked in OMV 5 is irrelevant. It isn't mergerfs having the problem. It is the plugin. There are many times case breaks things. I'm not saying that is the issue. I was just guessing. It could an RPi thing too. I still need to look but I am still putting out fires with other omv 6.x users. New release time is my favorite........

I did not miss that part but I have gone into this upgrade to OMV 6 without due diligence. I was only trying to say that with the previous plugin capitalization was not a problem not that I expected this plugin to work flawlessly because v5 did.

I thought OMV 6 was released as a stable version and went ahead and installed it so did not take the time to look for issues.

I appreciate that the mergerfs plugin is brand new and buggy but why capital letters works with one merge and not the other clearly means its not capitalization per se that's the problem. Maybe it's just creating more than one merge that is the problem?

I appreciate you are frustrated with users not knowing what they are doing or asking questions without research but I didn't think to read through 10 pages of information before I installed OMV 6 just to check if the mergerfs plugin is stable.

I have gone back to OMV 5 now and everything is working as I want. There's far too many problems still and unfortunately i dont have a spare system to help out and test further and report all the bugs.

• +1 with an error that the File name is too long (and I am not using capital characters) while restart the mergerfs Pool.

It's no big thing at the moment as I am running MergerFS in fstab anyway without the plugin but just wanted to give it a go...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did not miss that part but I have gone into this upgrade to OMV 6 without due diligence. I was only trying to say that with the previous plugin capitalization was not a problem not that I expected this plugin to work flawlessly because v5 did.

I thought OMV 6 was released as a stable version and went ahead and installed it so did not take the time to look for issues.

I appreciate that the mergerfs plugin is brand new and buggy but why capital letters works with one merge and not the other clearly means its not capitalization per se that's the problem. Maybe it's just creating more than one merge that is the problem?

I appreciate you are frustrated with users not knowing what they are doing or asking questions without research but I didn't think to read through 10 pages of information before I installed OMV 6 just to check if the mergerfs plugin is stable.

I have gone back to OMV 5 now and everything is working as I want. There's far too many problems still and unfortunately i dont have a spare system to help out and test further and report all the bugs.

And I only mentioned that capitalization was a guess. No need to focus on that one thought. It might not even be the problem.

OMV 6.x was released as a release candidate and it is actually pretty stable. The omv-extras plugins are not release candidate quality yet.

I don't expect anyone to read all 10 pages (but it is odd that people expect me to spend hours and hours porting the plugins) but I think the fact that this thread exists should tell you that things may not be stable. I got a late start on them because I am working a lot and burnt out of OMV stuff. I spend hours and hours on this stuff and try not to put it in the repo until it isn't giving me problems. Telling me there are far too many problems just makes me want to quit.

+1 with an error that the File name is too long (and I am not using capital characters) while restart the mergerfs Pool.

I need info about the pool. I can't replicate the filename too long issue. And please forget I ever said anything about capital letters. It was just a guess.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!