Testing omv6 - omv-extras "installing" but not in GUI menu

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have installed omv6 alpha with the 6.0-16 iso on an x-86 machine, and that went well. When I ran the wget script to install omv-extras, the following lines show up about half way through the install print out:

Code
    dpkg: warning: 'ldconfig' not found in PATH or not executable
    dpkg: warning: 'start-stop-daemon' not found in PATH or not executable
    dpkg: error: 2 expected programs not found in PATH or not executable
    Note: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbi

The script concludes with Reading package lists... Done yet omv-extras is still not in the GUI menu. Is it possible to fix this or should I fresh install? Nothing is at stake here so I can install again, I would just like to know what happened, and how to fix it.

I have already successfully installed omv 6, including omv-extras on VirtualBox

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras is still not in the GUI menu. Is it possible to fix this or should I fresh install?

When you install from the command line, nothing refreshes your browser cache. Does ctrl-shift-R fix it? No reason to install fresh. If that doesn't work, do you see it in private or incognito mode?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

None of those fixes it. I tried Brave, Firefox and Chrome in incognito.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openme

Also, try running:

sudo omv-mkworkbench all

sudo /usr/bin/salt-call --local saltutil.clear_cache

sudo omv-salt stage run prepare

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    dpkg -l | grep openme
    ii  openmediavault                 6.0-20                        all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         1.0                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Did those changes make a difference? I would ctrl-shift-R again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, still missing. Cleared Browser cache.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmm.. far out there chance.. Is it possible you actually clicked it and hit your adblocker? I've done similar before on other websites?

If you're using any ad blockers, etc... pause them or make sure the webUI is relisted, then refresh and see if that helps

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I needed to look at the output of dpkg -l again. omv-extras isn't even partially installed. I would run the install script again and post all of its output.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    root@h2:~# dpkg -l | grep openme
    ii  openmediavault                 6.0-20                        all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         1.0                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Something is not right here. Are you logging in as root or sudo'ing to root? If the latter, how are you doing that? What is the output of: echo $PATH

• Offizieller Beitrag

I feel so stupid. Some recent posts I have read caused me to think I needed to disable root in SSH, so that was the first thing I did after up and running. So to run the command as root I have been using the su command. Obviously (now I see that) su is not the same as logging in as root.

I just now

• enabled root ssh login
    • logged in as root
    • ran the command

omv-extras is installed and running fine. Now I am going to delete my account and create a new one named "StupidNoob". Maybe no one will make the connection. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for your patience.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I feel so stupid. Some recent posts I have read caused me to think I needed to disable root in SSH, so that was the first thing I did after up and running. So to run the command as root I have been using the su command. Obviously (now I see that) su is not the same as logging in as root.

I just now

• enabled root ssh login
    • logged in as root
    • ran the command

omv-extras is installed and running fine. Now I am going to delete my account and create a new one named "StupidNoob". Maybe no one will make the connection. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for your patience.

Ha... ryecoaaron schooled me on that about 2yrs ago...lol and I've used Linux for years.

The reality is, had you used

Code
    su -

it would have been fine. That - I learned is pretty important when it comes to the paths..

• Offizieller Beitrag

KM0201 just a dash after the su? Good grief!

• Offizieller Beitrag

just a dash after the su? Good grief!

Without the dash, root is using your profile which most likely does not have /usr/sbin or /sbin in its path. That breaks a lot of things.

With the dash, root uses its own profile.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!