Motioneye - File size issue

• Hi,

For some random reason my motion eye container puts out random size files varying from 1.7GB up to 32GB which fills up my 256GB drive very quickly also if i go to play the file it is normally a 20 minute video of nothing no motion or activity.

These are the quality settings i'm using in Motioneye

Have noticed in the Portainer/Motioneye log this is coming up

does anyone have any ideas?

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• Yes they do, just not as useful or as helpful as you guys here at OMV. Thought I would ask here before heading over there.

• You need to tinker with the settings and the retain amount of days/videos.

When I can, will give some pointers

• Soma Thank you, i have put the following in, mainly just dropped the quality to 50% and maximum duration to 300 seconds

Currently the storage is at 18% full so i will give it the week and see what happens, also restarted the motioneye container just to see if the other error comes up as well.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also, depending on how sensitive the cameras are... it might be detecting minor movement constantly, thus why it is running all the time when it seems there's no movement (maybe light changes from traffic at night, a small pet/outdoor animal moving around, curtains moving..)

To me, it sounds like the cameras are detecting motion, and doing a lot of recording.

• Also, depending on how sensitive the cameras are... it might be detecting minor movement constantly, thus why it is running all the time when it seems there's no movement (maybe light changes from traffic at night, a a small pet/outdoor animal moving around, curtains moving..

To me, it sounds like the cameras are detecting motion, and doing a lot of recording.

Would probably explain why I ended with a 20 minutes video of a closed door :/ I'm playing with the Motion settings see if that fixes it.

I think the error message I get on the logs is a whole different issue and not related to the size issue.

• Set "motion passthrough" to On, your videos won't be transcoded.

You can then, up the quality

Also, as KM0201 said, it might be triggering needlessly.

On the motion detection, mask all parts that might interfere with motion detection.

For eg. my camera is in a Room with a window. When the Sun hit's it, the shadows on the wall made motion trigger.

So I masked that part.

When I access my PC, I can post some pics...

[EDIT]

[/EDIT

• Hi,

So 2 out of the 3 camera's are fixed using the advice above, but the last camera which i honestly don't think there is much i can do, it faces out to the street which is very active i have on average 350 clips everyday i have applied masks to the tree's which has stopped some of the unnecessary recordings.

Is there a script i could write to automatically delete the oldest file/folder in my CCTV folder if the storage reaches 90%?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!