Bunch of errors during boot

• Hey guys. So, I'm in the process of testing some hardware with OMV5. I have 2 Mini-ITX boards, both based on the AMD E-350 chipset. I only have one SSD which I use to install the OMV to. But when I bootup one of those, I get those error on my image below. I disconnect everything, put everything on my other board and I don't get this error. I even did the full clean install on that problematic board and still the same errors. Tried switching SATA ports, memory in different ram slots, still the same. Any ideas?

• If that works and allows the machine to boot normally... You'll need to make some changes to grub to make the change permanent. (otherwise you will have to redo this every time you boot)

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• No, I haven't tried that. But I did now, added acpi=off to my kernel line and it booted without those errors. :)

To make the change permanent...

Open an SSH session and become root.

nano /etc/default/grub

The following file will be opened.

Note line 9 above. Use your arrow keys to go down to line 9 and change it to...

Code
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet acpi=off"

Cntrl X

Y

Enter

That will save the changes and drop you back to a prompt

Back at the prompt

Code
    update-grub

When it's done, reboot and the change should be permanent.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• KM0201

Added the Label OMV 5.x
  • KM0201

Added the Label resolved
  • In that image I see an error related to the flash-memory plugin. For lack of better advice than mine, I would try uninstalling this plugin, testing the system, and then reinstalling it again.

The best thanks to the help provided is to report what your solution was. The next one will thank you :thumbup:

• This error appears in the image in post 6.

Failed unmounting /var/folder2ram/var/lib/openmediavault/rrd.

Don't you think it has to be related to the flash memory plugin?

The best thanks to the help provided is to report what your solution was. The next one will thank you :thumbup:

• I don't think disabling acpi would effect the flash-memory plugin, not really something I considered...

shouldn't affect it. The flash memory plugin is just bind mounting things with tmpfs and using rsync to sync them.

omv 6.0.5-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.13 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.4 | kvm plugin 6.0
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Don't you think it has to be related to the flash memory plugin?

I would say that happened because the filesystem was still in heavy use when trying to unmount.

omv 6.0.5-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.13 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.4 | kvm plugin 6.0
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!