Partition missing?

• Hi,

I'm trying to format a partition and start fresh with it, So i deleted the share the SMB but when i go to delete the folder in the "Shared Folders" it doesn't give me the option, the "Delete" button is greyed out, i then checked under the "file systems" tab and it says the drive is missing? i then checked under the "Disks" tab and it say the drive is there?

What am i doing wrong?

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• Offizieller Beitrag

when i go to delete the folder in the "Shared Folders" it doesn't give me the option, the "Delete" button is greyed out

To delete a shared folder, there must be no service pointing to it. Check them all, rsync, etc.

i then checked under the "file systems" tab and it says the drive is missing?

If the drive is missing from the file system, something else is going on. What is the last thing you did? What hardware do you have? How are the disks connected? ... I think it would be a good idea to provide some more information.

• To delete a shared folder, there must be no service pointing to it. Check them all, rsync, etc.

Thank you for your reply, i have checked everywhere i could think of rsync, FTP and found nothing, checking under the "Shared folder in use" tab i found this

also found i think one of my portainer containers had this down as storage, would that effect it?

If the drive is missing from the file system, something else is going on. What is the last thing you did? What hardware do you have? How are the disks connected? ... I think it would be a good idea to provide some more information.

That's the thing all i did was delete the folder from the SMB list

Dell Optiplex 790

Core i5

16GB RAM

The drive is connected via sata connection, would it be worth me disconnecting the drive and using another machine to format it and then plug it back in?

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!