Can no longer log in to web interface

• I am trying to connect a windows machine to map a drive to my nas, but when I went to log into my OMV5 WebGUI, it just takes my credentials and realods the page.

Thinking I entered the wrong credentials, if I tried anything else I would get an error message stating the wrong user/password.

I haven't updated anything since my last login, so I really don't know what this could be. I also tried from other machines on the network and I get the same result.

I get still access via SSH though.

Please help

• Thanks for the link, but neither of the solutions work for me.

I have plenty of space.

and neither a hard refresh or private window seemed to have any effect.

any other thoughts?

• Well it wasn't happy about that.

Code
    Updating web control panel settings. Please wait ...
    {'response': None, 'error': {'code': 0, 'message': '', 'trace': "OMV\\Config\\DatabaseException in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc:450\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc(230): OMV\\Config\\DatabaseBackend->commit()\n#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(259): OMV\\Config\\DatabaseBackend->replace('//webadmin', Array)\n#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/webgui.inc(75): OMV\\Config\\Database->set(Object(OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject))\n#3 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\WebGui->setSettings(Array, Array)\n#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)\n#6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('WebGui', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)\n#7 {main}", 'http_status_code': 500}}
    ERROR:
  • Wasn't sure if I should continue so I'll wait till you say so.

• I'm also confused about all the messages about being a Read-only file system

I wanted to try this fix, but it won't allow me.

Code
    root@ODROID-HC4:~# cp /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map-OLD
    cp: cannot create regular file '/var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map-OLD': Read-only file system
    root@ODROID-HC4:~# cp /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map /var/tmp/mtime_map-OLD
    root@ODROID-HC4:~# rm /var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map
    rm: cannot remove '/var/cache/salt/minion/roots/mtime_map': Read-only file system
  • Doesn't line 61 say Read only OS?

Seems we posted at the same time.

I never set anything as read-only. It's just an odroid-hc4 with an micro sdcard in it. The card was perfectly writable before.

I'm really scratching my head here.

edit: I see the ro statements now, but I have no recollection of ever explicitly setting them that way, or how to fix this.

• So it appears to be corruption.

Not sure how to fix it yet.

from dmesg

Code
    481009.015244] hid-generic 0003:0463:FFFF.0008: hiddev96,hidraw0: USB HID v10.10 Device [EATON Eaton 3S] on usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-2.1/input0
    [548006.693398] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p2): ext4_validate_block_bitmap:390: comm fstrim: bg 5: bad block bitmap checksum
    [548006.693540] Aborting journal on device mmcblk0p2-8.
    [548006.698797] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): Remounting filesystem read-only
    [637806.941488] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): error count since last fsck: 1
    [637806.941524] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): initial error at time 1630900801: ext4_validate_block_bitmap:390
    [637806.941537] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): last error at time 1630900801: ext4_validate_block_bitmap:390
  • This and a reboot seems to have fixed things for now. *crosses fingers*

I live on an island and power goes out a lot. I'm thinking this was the result of an unclean shutdown due to a power outage where the UPS ran out. It's the only thing that makes sense. Hoping this might help the next person.

Thanks macom & Soma

• This and a reboot seems to have fixed things for now. *crosses fingers*

I live on an island and power goes out a lot. I'm thinking this was the result of an unclean shutdown due to a power outage where the UPS ran out.

Since you're running on SD Card, it is a good habit to make weekly copies/backup of the whole card.

Just power down the server, make a full image of the SD (on Windows, I use Win32DiskImager), flash the image to another >= SD and boot the server.
    If things go wrong, you always have a fail-safe backup with not much days appart, ;)

As for the UPS ran out: shouldn't it power down the server when it's almost depleated???
    Isn't the UPS managed by NUT?

• macom

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!