OMV with emby

• I have OMV5 and today I have noticed I do not have internet on my emby. The OMV shows it has internet but when I try to go to my m3U for my live tv it does nothing. I know the M3u is working due to the app that I have from the provider. I have rebooted the server, rebooted the container, rebooted my router. I have ran OMV-firstaid and reset my network configuration. Any help will be much appreciated.

• sTry docker logs -f emby

And the YML (stack) will also help.

this is what has come up when I ran the command you suggested, I am also running this in portainer if that helps. I set it up like the video technodad did on YouTube awhile back. Also when i go to live tv it says no compatible streams available. I then go to channels and it has none. I just checked and my m3u file is working correctly outside of emby and OMV. It even says it cannot download a guide for me to map the channels to. I have a premiere license for emby. i hope this helps. this just started doing this today.

• I set it up like the video technodad did on YouTube awhile back.

Although I respect the work TechnoDad does/did , I (and probably other's) won't watch a Youtube video just to know what you did/follow, sorry.

Do you have any automatic updater for the containers running? (Watchtower, DIUN, etc)

Or, did you made any update to the image you're using?

Seeing the LOG (by the way, It is in a bit messed, the txt, at least, 2 issues pop-out:

Code
    You are using a legacy method of defining umask
    please update your environment variable from UMASK_SET to UMASK
    to keep the functionality after July 2021

This means that the STACK was made with a variable that it's outdated and should be changed.

Just a warning but can be easely removed/cleared.

And the other one, (this is the problem):

I don't use Emby but maybe someone else can figure out what is going on here.

And, again, your STACK or the YML, will aslo help.

And the version and from who is the conatiner you're using.

• How do i update the yml and my stack? The container and version i assume is the up to date due to not having any update on emby.

• Is your actual server online? Seems odd that just docker would be offline (just because you can get to the OMV webUI, doesn't mean you're online)..

What is the output of...

Code
    ping -c5 google.com

PING google.com (142.251.45.14) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=1 ttl=118 time=21.2 ms

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=2 ttl=118 time=21.0 ms

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=3 ttl=118 time=21.3 ms

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=4 ttl=118 time=21.4 ms

64 bytes from iad66s01-in-f14.1e100.net (142.251.45.14): icmp_seq=5 ttl=118 time=21.5 ms

--- google.com ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 10ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 21.011/21.272/21.475/0.189 ms

• How do i update the yml and my stack? The container and version i assume is the up to date due to not having any update on emby.

I don't do the STACKs on Portainer so, really don't know how to do it there.

But, If you have pasted the docker-compose.YML for the stack, it's easy to redeploy it via CLI.

Can you tell me from who is the Image?

Linuxserver?!?

On portainer-> Images what Tags do you see?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use Emby and initially I used TDL's video, but when I move to OMV5 I use a stack;

---

version: "2.1"

services:

emby:

image: emby/embyserver

container_name: emby

network_mode: host

environment:

- PUID=1001

- PGID=100

- TZ=Europe/London

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Docker/AppData/Emby:/config

ports:

- 8096:8096

restart: unless-stopped

I don't configure anything within the stack for bind mounts to movies, tv shows etc, that I complete in Emby's GUI set up, so my movies point to the samba share as \\<ip address of omv>/movies

I have a RPi with LibreElec running the Kodi Sync, if I had a premier subscription I could use the app on my TV

But I don't use live TV through Emby

• I use Emby and initially I used TDL's video, but when I move to OMV5 I use a stack

I just wanted to know which docker image was used to find info on github/hubdocker about it, ;)

If TDL used emby/embyserver, the hub.docker has a YML to inspect.

emby/embyserver - Docker Image | Docker Hub

I don't see mentioned the UMASK variable anywhere.

But on linuxserver's one, the error shown from the log of dont1982 is there:

https://github.com/linuxserver…t/etc/services.d/emby/run

Code
    # set umask
    if [ -n "${UMASK_SET}" ] && [ -z "${UMASK}" ]; then
      echo -e "You are using a legacy method of defining umask\nplease update your environment variable from UMASK_SET to UMASK\nto keep the functionality after July 2021"
      umask ${UMASK_SET}
    fi

So the STACK has linuxserver/docker-emby image in place.

The container and version i assume is the up to date due to not having any update on emby.

Updating emby is one thing.

Think of it as updating an app.

Updating the docker image is another.

It's the same as updating the Operating System, where the app runs in.

Can someone who has experience with portainer, explain how to update a container/stack on it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So the STACK has linuxserver/docker-emby image in place.

That would suggest this was before Emby started using their own docker, simplest option would be to stop and remove the linuxserver version, delete the config data and deploy and use the official emby:embyserver

• Ok, had a proper look on the OP log and it's STAMPED there that it's LinuxServer, (damn, I was really asleep, :D )

dont1982

Do you still have access to the webgui of emby?

Are you able of doing anything on the "timers"

The LOG shows:

Code
    Error LiveTV: Error deserializing /config/data/livetv/timers.json
    .....ReadOnlySpan`1.......

Maybe, your "timers.json" got corrupted or the permissions changed for whatever reason.

Perhaps, try to redo the config (on the emby GUI) for your Premium account.

OR

Post a screenshot of portainer (this example is for nextcloud):

Stacks (if you have emby on it) Containers -> click Emby to see the ENV

And further down, the Volumes:

With that info, it's possible to create a YML to be used with docker-compose just for testing.

Also, that way, I'll have a clear view of the volume binds to check the permissions on the "timers.json" file.

• I changed the stack in portainer to what it looks like now on the github for emby. It is working now. Only thing I changed was the image to lscr.io/linuxserver/emby. I used to use emby server:latest but it would never update like it should. But after I changed the stack it seems to be working and I no longer have any of those errors when I reran the log command from earlier. Through all of this I have had access to the webgui.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!