2nd network interface not working

• I installed a second PCIE card to open up OMV to a second VLAN. The interface is recognized by OMV, the hardware shows traffic at both ends, but OMV is not apparently requesting or receiving an IP via DHCP.

If I could get any IP on it, I could hunt down the MAC and assign an IP to it - but I must see it first.

• If can actually manage to assign IP addresses within the same network to more than one NIC in the same machine it will not work.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If can actually manage to assign IP addresses within the same network to more than one NIC in the same machine it will not work.

Don't follow. If you are thinking that both NICs are in the same VLAN, that is not correct. Port for each one is already assigned to different VLANs

• on the cli to show the MACs of your NICs: ip link | awk '{print $2}'

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Don't follow. If you are thinking that both NICs are in the same VLAN, that is not correct. Port for each one is already assigned to different VLANs

I see nothing in the OP's screenshot that says anything about VLANs.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I see nothing in the OP's screenshot that says anything about VLANs.

sorry gderf - I meant, I have my router controlling the ports that each NIC is connected to, which has assigned different VLANs.

As the original NIC picked up the correct DHCP at install without requiring further set up, it is my assumption that adding a second NIC, which is physically connected to a port that is assigned by my router to another VLAN, the setup would be just like the first NIC.

Are you saying that I need to tell OMV that each one will be using different VLANs before it will connect to the second?

• Sorry, all. I don't know if it's a bug or what, but regardless of what OMV shows (as in, no ip address I posted in the OP), the interface seems to be working just fine when I test it on both VLANs. As a matter of fact, going into the System Information reports on OMV web front, both NICs show activity. I assumed too much from what I was seeing after I added the NIC in the Network section.

It's still a mystery to me why it is not revealing the IP.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!