Possible to install a DVB-T2 card drivers?

• Hi,

Have just installed OMV6.0.7-1 on a HP54L microserver and was hoping to be able to use this box to record live TV with a TBS6220 dvb-t2 pci card installed. The microserver has two PCIE slots and in the other I have installed a usb3 card. Neither of the two cards are recognised by the OMV install so Im hoping someone can tell me how I go about installing drivers for these two cards, I downloaded the TBS linux drivers and tried to install via Putty but it seems I need GCC installed and the install failed. Im a linux newby so dont know what GCC is?

Any help appreciated.

• gcc is the compiler for C & C++ programming languages

sudo apt install gcc

should install it

omv 6.0.31-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 5.15.32-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 5.6.21-1 (usul) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Tried the install of GCC and seems to install OK but when I try and install the drivers from the given instruction on the driver webpage which is:

# wget http://www.tbsdtv.com/download…_build-2021-08-25.tar.bz2

# sudo rm -rf /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/

#tar jxvf media_build-2021-08-25.tar.bz2

#cd media_build

#./install.sh

#reboot

I get an Error

tar (child): bzip2: Cannot exec: No such file or directory

tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now

tar: Child returned status 2

tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

I am no linux user so havent a clue why it wont work. Hope someone can advise.

• Nomadlife I suggest that you try to get some ideas via an internet search, don't expect me to walk you thru all the steps

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 5.6.21-1 (usul) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• looks like you are missing bzip2

Thanks for the tips guys. After many hours of installing all sorts of stuff that are apparently requirements to build the drivers and make directories etc. I finally have files on the OMV but following the install of the drivers the card is still not recognised so I think its time to give up , this is way beyond my skill set.

Thanks for the help tho.

• see below post on Jeff Geerling's github.

user 6by9 is a developer working for Raspberry foundation. His last comment today is

"Now to try getting the drivers to compile...."

https://github.com/geerlingguy…pi-pcie-devices/issues/57

• Did you check the pci cards are found lspci, if both cards are not detected ...

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!