How do I diagnose this issue - missing file system

• Hi everyone, a bit of background first, I am VERY new to OMV and am using an Argon Eon with a raspberry pi to learn about NAS drives and OMV. I have setup OMV 6 on the pi with 4 drives and a simple RSYNC mirror function between them as a backup (RAID is a bit beyond me right now and probably overkill anyway).

Onto the actual problem, everything appears to work fine but overnight at some point my file systems go missing. I don't think its the RSYNC function because that is scheduled on a friday. Once I reboot the system everything is fine and the next morning the same thing happens. When I say 'File Systems Missing' that is what the dashboard is telling me, but when I dig deeper and go into storage, the disks are not available almost like they have gone to sleep and a reboot wakes them again.

I don't have the skill or knowledge to diagnose this any deeper than that, could someone help me by giving me some tips or guiding me to the correct system log maybe or some insight into what is going on. There is a very high likelyhood that I have done something wrong during config, I would just like to learn what that is and fix it. The process of learning has been stopped abruptly by this hickup and its frustrating me endlessly.

Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

The system can put the drives in a non-spinning standby mode. But it should also be able to spin them up again if/when needed.

Maybe try to find other users in the forum using an Argon case and ask them for their experience. There are several. You will find them by using for "Argon"

https://forum.openmediavault.o…t/203733/&highlight=argon

• Thank you for the replies, it's a bit of a mystery. I have resolved the issue in the meantime by scheduling a reboot everyday at 1:00 am and that appears to be working but I would love to know what is going on.

macom That's a great idea, I'll reach out to the Argon community and see if anybody else has the same issue. Didn't think of that lol

B3rnd I'm not very good with the technical jargon but the Argon EON has a specifically designed HAT (I think that's the term) that allows you to connect the hard drives and power all 4 of them through the external power source, so It shouldn't be a power issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!