Plex install on Portainer - problem with old config files

• I'm trying to install Plex in a Portainer. Got it running, but I changed my network adapter and I can't get Portainer to switch host network. So I uninstalled the Portainer, reinstalled it and it remembers the old network settings. I even uninstalled Docker, but the same problem.

How can I remove the config files it is finding?

• They are stored in one of the volumes you mounted.

Post the stack / docker-compose.yml

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I'm trying to install Plex in a Portainer. Got it running,

I don't have a docker-compose.yml file.

How did you installed it on Portainer? You surely had to use a STACK (aka docker-compose.yml) to get it running.

And just because you changed your network adapter, it's no reason to it not having network.

As long as the network is running on the host (if you can update for eg.), docker will use the underlying network.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you installed it on Portainer? You surely had to use a STACK (aka docker-compose.yml) to get it running.

And just because you changed your network adapter, it's no reason to it not having network.

As long as the network is running on the host (if you can update for eg.), docker will use the underlying network.

If I were a betting man, I'd say there's either a Plex app in Portainer (maybe, I dunno). or he just downloaded the image and tried to configure it manually.

I've never had much luck w/ the Portainer apps, so I rarely recommend them.

• My Portainer is pissed off. I moved from Eth to Wifi. Put the cable back in, but can't seem to move the network to a new subnet. Eth is 172... and Wifi is 192....

Found the compose - just want to start over.

---

version: "2.1"

services:

plex:

image: lscr.io/linuxserver/plex

container_name: plex

network_mode: host

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=1000

- VERSION=docker

- PLEX_CLAIM= #optional

volumes:

- /path/to/library:/config

- /path/to/tvseries:/tv

- /path/to/movies:/movies

restart: unless-stopped

• Offizieller Beitrag

My Portainer is pissed off. I moved from Eth to Wifi. Put the cable back in, but can't seem to move the network to a new subnet. Eth is 172... and Wifi is 192....

Found the compose - just want to start over.

Use a codebox when posting docker-compose/stack files. Indentation matters and won't show up in a regular cut/paste.. That's the one that looks like </>

In portainer, click on Stacks, Add a new stack, and name the stack ( "plex" )

Copy/paste the above codebox into the box

PUID/PGID -- Add yours for your system.. if you don't have a user on your system, create one. If you have a user and don't know how to get this info, ask

/path/to/library:/config --- This is the /config directory where plex stores it's configuration files. On the left of the colon, is the absolute path to the folder you want to use for plex's config folder, on the right of the colon, is the container path..

example: /srv/dev-some-uuid/AppData/plex:/config

so in that example, /srv/dev-some-uuid/AppData/plex would be the folder on your system where you're storing your plex configs. /config.. would be the path inside the plex app you would look for.

Repeat with tvseries and movies.

Once you know it's all correct.. I'd suggest pasting it here so we can take a look at it to see if there's any glaring issues... or if you feel like just rolling with it, click deploy stack... It will download and install plex per the docker-compose.

When it's done, go to <your-ip>:32400/web and you should have the welcome to Plex screen.

/path/to/tvseries:/tv -- Again, same thing. On the left, is the absolute path with the

• Do you have network connection from OMV i.e. can you get updates?

As Soma said, changing the network of the host has no effect on the containers.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Ok - here is what I built. User is admin, looked up the UID and GID

• Do you have network connection from OMV i.e. can you get updates?

As Soma said, changing the network of the host has no effect on the containers.

Ok - was looking at the wrong address.My eth is 10.x, wifi is 192.x and Portainer bridge is 172.x

Let me check the network some more.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No. GUI. Under “Users”.

• Ok - added user "plexuser"

• KM0201

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!