Error when updating packet lists or doing an upgrade

• I thought the upgrade to 6.0.21 broke it but after looking into it further by running a backup of 6.0.19 it was broken there too but I hadn't noticed it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The upgrade from 5 to 6 sets the divert on this file.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I upgraded from 5 to 6 quite some time ago and this problem did not happen then. I wonder what triggered it later?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I upgraded from OMV5 to 6.0.27-1 today and had the same problem with the Plugins page not displaying the plugins, despite them being on the system, until I ran as recommended in this thread:

Code
    /usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx
    dpkg-divert --remove --rename /usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx
    omv-mkaptidx

All working now :) thank you all

KnobblySnail

OMV6 on Asrock E3C224D2I, Xeon E3-1230Lv3, 8Gb, WD Red 3Tb x3 zfs, 120GB Samsung EVO mSATA, CoolerMaster V550S, in a Fractal Design Node 304

• How do we get this fix made a part of the upgrade process? This killed me for MONTHS after my OMV6 upgrade.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do we get this fix made a part of the upgrade process?

It doesn't happen on most upgrade and is hard to detect especially in bash.

This killed me for MONTHS after my OMV6 upgrade.

How did it kill you? It would only prevent installing new plugins from the web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It doesn't happen on most upgrade and is hard to detect especially in bash.

How did it kill you? It would only prevent installing new plugins from the web interface.

The upgrade messed with omvextras. I could not reinstall it. I was using LUKS and therefore could not mount the volume once I upgraded. It was a major pain and it would have been helpful for this step to be part of the upgrade process; as it seems non destructive, couldn't it be run regardless of detection?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The upgrade messed with omvextras

The only thing it did is cause plugins to not show up in the web interface. You would have no problem installing omv-extras and omv-extras plugins from the command line. Since omv-extras can only be installed from the command line in OMV 6, this shouldn't have cause months of problems.

it would have been helpful for this step to be part of the upgrade process; as it seems non destructive, couldn't it be run regardless of detection?

Sure but it doesn't always fix the problem. If the upgrade fails before the divert, the file is overwritten by the upgrade process. So, running the divert command won't fix anything. That is why you will see many of my posts telling people to wget the file from the omv source code to fix. Running the wget from the upgrade script would be gross since it doesn't take into account any versioning. The upgrade process is a command line process and if it doesn't go smoothly, it is going to require command line fixes. No way around it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I really have no idea, the JSON files look all good. Are there any errors reported by the browser when you activate the browser dev tools. In FireFox the relevant tab is called 'Console'.

In my case the console gets almost stuck because it spams over and over again the same error:

TypeError: t.pluginarchitecture is undefined

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!