OMV 6 Stable?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ah crud should have checked here first

Am i right in thinking i have installed OMV6 on thr wrong version of debian?

Actually looking closer, that wouldn't be the case, apt was trying to hit a bullseye server, which is what OMV 6 is based on...

You can verify you have debian 11 installed with (case sensitive)

Code
    cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION
  • I don't think that is possible. but you're clearly not online.

How exactly did you install?

Using the link the gdref gave

installed Debain then ran

Code
    apt-get install --yes gnupg
    wget -O "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/openmediavault-archive-keyring.asc" https://packages.openmediavault.org/public/archive.key
    apt-key add "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/openmediavault-archive-keyring.asc"

then

then finally

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Using the link the gdref gave

installed Debain then ran

Code
    apt-get install --yes gnupg
    wget -O "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/openmediavault-archive-keyring.asc" https://packages.openmediavault.org/public/archive.key
    apt-key add "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/openmediavault-archive-keyring.asc"

then

then finally

Probably should have just used the omv-extras install script.. I prefer it to the official installer, and it installs omv-extras for you, which pretty much everyone is going to install anyway

Beyond that however...

omv-firstaid and reconfigure your network device. Note your IP might change when it does this.

• Probably should have just used the omv-extras install script.. I prefer it to the official installer, and it installs omv-extras for you, which pretty much everyone is going to install anyway

Beyond that however...

omv-firstaid and reconfigure your network device. Note your IP might change when it does this.

Do you have a link to the omv-extra install script?

Hazaa that worked

but for some weird reason if i set a static IP it goes offline. not sure what i am entering wrong???

But also just ran and update check using the magnifying glass , packages show up but when i install them i get this

If you give me a link to the omv-extras install script i am happy to save us both a head ache and just reinstall OMV6 from scratch

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't need to reinstal... you can run the install script even on a running OMV install.. it will just download omv-extras and add any repositories it needs... but it's design is to be used on a minimal debian install..

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…-Developers/installScript

As for your static IP problem.. only thing I can figure is you're not adding your DNS servers.

• You don't need to reinstal... you can run the install script even on a running OMV install.. it will just download omv-extras and add any repositories it needs... but it's design is to be used on a minimal debian install..

As for your static IP problem.. only thing I can figure is you're not adding your DNS servers.

I thought it would easier just to do a fresh install, are these the correct steps though

1. Install minimum Debian (no desktop, SSH server installed)
    2. Once install complete, from another machine SSH into the server (ip addr to get server ip)
    3. log in as user and type sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash
    4. Should take awhile but once complete reboot server and then off we go?

• KM0201 ok so that didnt work

Honest question is there an idiots guide to installing this?

• KM0201 ok so that didnt work

Did you installed sudo && wget?

• Offizieller Beitrag

KM0201 ok so that didnt work

That is the idiots guide. OMV does not install sudo by default.

apt install sudo

Let it finish then run the command again.

Also, if you're not a sudo user (which you probably aren't since sudo isn't installed).. you need to be root.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you installed sudo && wget?

That's a good point to... I think wget is installed y default though isn't it?

If not, apt install wget

Again though, you need to be root to run that command if your user is not in the sudo group, which again if you didn't have sudo installed, he's not.

• Think i need more coffee, yeah i figured that out from last install i did, omv-extras is installing now

• KM0201 all set up again, is the correct way to update

System > Update Management > Updates > click on magnifying glass > once load click on update > click on install update (next to magnifying glass) > tick confirm then yes

i keep getting this

• KM0201 its pulling now, thank you

Last question of the day that KVM package you created awhile a go that will work on here wont it?

• KM0201

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • KM0201

Hat das Label OMV 6.x (RC1) hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

KM0201 its pulling now, thank you

Last question of the day that KVM package you created awhile a go that will work on here wont it?

That wasn't me, that was ryecoaaron but yes, I'm assuming it does. I believe there is a plugin for it.

• You don't need to reinstal... you can run the install script even on a running OMV install.. it will just download omv-extras and add any repositories it needs... but it's design is to be used on a minimal debian install..

Really i want to thank you for this, probably the 5th time i have had to reinstall OMV (should leave it alone) and this post always saves me a lot of hassle

• Offizieller Beitrag

Really i want to thank you for this, probably the 5th time i have had to reinstall OMV (should leave it alone) and this post always saves me a lot of hassle

Thank ryecoaaron , he's the one who made it so easy. :) I always use the install script over Debian, mainly because I always have a Debian netinstall ISO downloaded as I run it in VM's quite a bit... so since I always have the netinstall ISO laying around, it's just easier to use it vs downloading the OMV ISO.

You end up at the same place, just take a different path

• Thank ryecoaaron , he's the one who made it so easy. :) I always use the install script over Debian, mainly because I always have a Debian netinstall ISO downloaded as I run it in VM's quite a bit... so since I always have the netinstall ISO laying around, it's just easier to use it vs downloading the OMV ISO.

You end up at the same place, just take a different path

Yeah, i was looking at the Technodad YT video and he used the OMV ISO and i was thinking should i use it or not but then i thought nope just stick to the one i know

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!