Docker for Windows

• Hey All,

Probably a quick answer but I can't seem to it. Docker for Windows is that anything like the docker in OMV? Would let's say the set up for Adguard in docker omv also work in docker for Windows?

Thanks

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Docker for Windows is that anything like the docker in OMV?

Yes. It can run linux and windows docker images. The linux docker images are basically run in WSL (windows subsystem for linux).

Would let's say the set up for Adguard in docker omv also work in docker for Windows?

I would think it would be the same. Why would you want to do this?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Why would want to do this?

Passive income. It may sound like a waste of time but I thought I would give it a try so I have access to 2 locations (possibly 3) where I don't pay for Internet or electricity and 2 thin (wyse) client pc's with full Windows installed on them.

I no longer have use for my OMV server any more so what I was going to do was divide up the 8TB storage between both machines and then install Scprime (rent out the storage) and then install docker and set up a peer 2 profit container (rent out bandwidth)

I'm trying to decide between if I keep Windows on the machines or install Linux.

I sound like a nut job, don't I?

• I do not think "free" internet and electricity are meant for this ...

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I do not think "free" internet and electricity are meant for this ...

Its not really free all properties belong to family members and the most they use the internet for is watching YT on their phones

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!