OVM Died - What happened?

• Hi all,

I installed OMV5 a few weeks ago along with a few Docker apps and all has been going just fine. Until yesterday!

Yesterday, 3rd May here in Australia, at around 4PM I could not connect to OMV nor any of the Docker apps, could not even ping it. Checked and it was still on. As this was running headless and connecting a monitor is a real PITA I decided to just power cycle it at 4:30PM. I could then connect to it but none of the Docker Apps were there, Docker was running according to the GUI but no Portainer. The command "docker ps" showed nothing.

I decided to reboot via the GUI and this brought all the Docker apps to life and all was once again good.

I decided to take a look at syslog and noticed the following:

Code
    May  2 13:32:26 omv systemd[1]: Stopping Docker Application Container Engine...
    May  2 13:32:26 omv systemd[1]: Stopping OpenBSD Secure Shell server...
    May  2 13:32:26 omv systemd[1]: Stopping Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack...
    May  3 16:31:58 omv systemd[1]: Starting Flush Journal to Persistent Storage...
    May  3 16:31:58 omv systemd[1]: Started udev Coldplug all Devices.
    May  3 16:31:58 omv blkmapd[299]: open pipe file /run/rpc_pipefs/nfs/blocklayout failed: No such file or directory

Note the gap between the 2nd & 3rd May. Why is there a gap? I was adding Krusader to Docker in the morning of 3rd and using Heimdall so I know OMV was working then.

Ideas/Thoughts appreciated.

TIA

OMV 6 Lenovo M910q - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500T CPU @ 2.50GHz 16GB RAM

• Are you running the flashmemory plugin? it stores logs in memory and if the computer crashes, these logs are not written back to disk.

And having docker not showing containers may happen, if you have your docker root on a data disk and after booting this disk was not mounted.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• If it happens often, you probably have to disable the plugin to get the logs.

If I installed a Remote Syslog Server and enabled it in OMV, would this grab all the logs in case OMV died again?

OMV 6 Lenovo M910q - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500T CPU @ 2.50GHz 16GB RAM

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!