Syncthing mit OpenMediaVault verbinden

• Hallo ich habe mir OpenMediaVault Install und jetzt wollt ich Syncthing nutzen.

2022-05-11 14:04:09: Failed to create folder root directory mkdir /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-ccd36ec3-e0d6-47de-99ea-8dace7b067fc: permission denied

2022-05-11 14:04:09: Error on folder "test" (mfdlh-teudj): folder path missing

Ich komm auf die erstellten Ordner nicht rauf, kann mir da einer mal BItte Helfen?

Danke

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Looks like read-only is checked in the part you define the volumes.

If you do not let syncthing write, it can not create directories.

The path inside the container is /test (Ordnerpfad)

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• OMV 6 mit Syncthing und Baikal installieren 2022-04

3. Syncthing

4. Baikal

Kann man so machen, dann muss man halt Versionskonflikte selber auflösen, statt die in Containern zu isolieren und man mss sich um die Updates selber kümmern.

Aber: Warum schreibst Du das hier?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Looks like read-only is checked in the part you define the volumes.

If you do not let syncthing write, it can not create directories.

The path inside the container is /test (Ordnerpfad)

Yes, how do I Remove the read-only function? thx

• Ich habe bisher den Vorteil der Container unter OMV nicht erkennen können.

Ich aber. Da ich PiHole, Unbound neben bei laufen hab. und jetzt Syncthing außerdem es geht ja alles nur ich komm auf die Ordner nicht rauf.

• Yes, how do I Remove the read-only function? thx

Check your second screenshot and click writable. Then restart the container..

It is easier to help if you use docker-compose files.

• Check your second screenshot and click writable. Then restart the container..

It is easier to help if you use docker-compose files.

Is on Writable

Where do I add the docker-compose files?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where do I add the docker-compose files?

- PGID=1000

Use GPID=100 instead

• What do you need?

I am using the same path inside the container as in the host.

• Use GPID=100 instead

but I have uid 1000 gid1000

I have now Created the .stfolder via the Terminal and lo and behold it goes from Stopped to Undivided. :/

• You have to make sure, either uid 1000 or gid 1000 (does it exist in your system) or gid 100 (users in omv) has rw access to the folders.

• Found it a bit cumbersome to configure/maintin a docker container just to get syncthing running on my OMV (6.0.19-2 (Shaitan))

Actually for me, it worked fine without docker, following this guide.

An extra-step I did was creating a new user first, in order to don't run syncthing as root. In short, do the following:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get install syncthing
    adduser syncthing-user
    systemctl enable syncthing@syncthing-user.service
    systemctl start syncthing@syncthing-user.service
    su syncthing-user
    nano ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml

In the ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml of that user, I modified the XML Element gui in order to access syncthing via the web frontend. I just put in the server ip-address and set some user/pw for login:

Code
    <gui enabled="true" tls="false" debugging="false">
      <address>192.168.178.23:8384</address>
      <user>admin</user>
      <password>MySecretPassword</passworrd>
    </gui>

Afterwards sudo systemctl restart syncthing@syncthing-user.service and the web API is accessible from within my local network, and I can configure syncthing to my personal needs \o/.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!