[solved] photoprism alter config file | run commands in container

• Hi OMV Community,

i would like to try photoprism. Installation worked like a charm! Thanks You very much for that great piece of Software, both omv and the prism plugin!!!!!

I have some questions concerning the podman container that is used for the plugin as i never came across podman before:

1) In the the photoprism documentation there are some config options mentioned which only can be altered in the docker-compose.yml file. Whats the corresponding file with podman and (how) can i alter it?

2) Can I update the container (as i would do "docker-compose pull") or can i only install updates of the omv-photoprism plugin?

3) (How) can i run commands inside the container?

Yours,

Gerd

• Offizieller Beitrag

I read somewhere on the forum that it is not possible atm.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• podman is a drop in replacement for docker. Bith use the same images, only have a differnet way to run them.

2)

podman understand the same args as docker.

sudo podman pull <image> is the same as docker pull <image>

3) sudo podman exec ... like you do it with docker.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• gerdw

Hat den Titel des Themas von „photoprism alter config file | run commands in container“ zu „[solved] photoprism alter config file | run commands in container“ geändert.
  • macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!