Problem by the First login after install (V5.6.13)

• Hi,

I'm having bad luck right now. I'm in the process of building a new server. The first installation worked fine but after setting up Portainer I had to take a break and forgot to write down the username and password for the Portainer. When I wanted to continue now, my omission fell on my feet. Since I hadn't done much yet, I thought I'd reinstall and since V6.0 came out in the meantime, I immediately downloaded and installed the current stable version. Unfortunately, I kept getting server errors with it. So I threw the 6.0 down again and installed V5.6.13 again. But now I can't even get through the registration! If I enter admin as the username and openmediavault as the password, the screen refreshes once and the input fields are empty again. If I intentionally enter a wrong password, an error message appears saying that the username or password is wrong. When entering admin and openmediavault, there is no error message, only the empty input mask for login.

Can anyone help me please!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I'm having bad luck right now. I'm in the process of building a new server. The first installation worked fine but after setting up Portainer I had to take a break and forgot to write down the username and password for the Portainer. When I wanted to continue now, my omission fell on my feet. Since I hadn't done much yet, I thought I'd reinstall and since V6.0 came out in the meantime, I immediately downloaded and installed the current stable version. Unfortunately, I kept getting server errors with it. So I threw the 6.0 down again and installed V5.6.13 again. But now I can't even get through the registration! If I enter admin as the username and openmediavault as the password, the screen refreshes once and the input fields are empty again. If I intentionally enter a wrong password, an error message appears saying that the username or password is wrong. When entering admin and openmediavault, there is no error message, only the empty input mask for login.

Can anyone help me please!

Well, first.. I'd stick with your idea to just go ahead and install 6.0, and try to address the errors. 5.0 is going to be EOL soon. There's little point in doing a new install of it as in a couple weeks you'll be here complaining you can't install stuff/run updates because the repos are closed

So reinstall 6.. what errors are you getting?

• Did you clear the browser cache? Or force reload with Ctrl+Shift+R

I could be wrong, but normally there is no browser on a non-graphical system that is used purely as a file server. I also wrote that I just installed Openmediavault, the installer formats the mapped drive on install and sets up a system partition and a swap partition. Since the SSD has 120GB, the disk is empty as expected:

Filesystem Size Used Available Mounted on
    udev 1.9G 0 1.9G / dev
    tmpfs 388M 7.0M 381M /run
    /dev/sdb1 109G 1.9G 102G /
    tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M /run/lock
    tmpfs 1,9G 0 1,9G /sys/fs/croup
    tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G /tmp

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also wrote that I just installed Openmediavault

And you wrote that you switched between OMV5 and OMV6.

I am talking about the browser you are using to access the GUI of OMV. You were writing that you have issues to access the GUI of OMV as your credentials are not accepted.

• Well, first.. I'd stick with your idea to just go ahead and install 6.0, and try to address the errors. 5.0 is going to be EOL soon. There's little point in doing a new install of it as in a couple weeks you'll be here complaining you can't install stuff/run updates because the repos are closed

So reinstall 6.. what errors are you getting?

Since I don't have to do anything apart from the new installation, I tried it again with OMV 6. After the installation, the "result" on the first reboot looked like this:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before that I had a black screen for a long time. the message is then also displayed for a minute and then the OMV logon screen appears:

Hm, not really sure on that one. Obviously it eventually boots, so it appears to be working.

I'd try googling that error and see if you can figure it out from there.

• Despite the message when the system started, I was able to log in via the browser and did the updates. There was an error again:

Current default time zone: 'Europe/Berlin'
    Local time is now: Sat Jun 25 21:14:34 CEST 2022.
    Universal Time is now: Sat Jun 25 19:14:34 UTC 2022.
    Run 'dpkg-reconfigure tzdata' if you wish to change it.

Setting up libcups2:amd64 (2.3.3op2-3+deb11u2) ...
    Setting up openssl (1.1.1n-0+deb11u2) ...
    Setting up libxml2:amd64 (2.9.10+dfsg-6.7+deb11u2) ...
    Setting up openmediavault (6.0.30-1) ...
    Failed to stop ntp.service: Unit ntp.service not loaded.
    Unit ntp.service does not exist, proceeding anyway.
    Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/ntp.service → /dev/null.
    Failed to stop systemd-timesyncd.service: Unit systemd-timesyncd.service not loaded.
    Unit systemd-timesyncd.service does not exist, proceeding anyway.
    Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/systemd-timesyncd.service → /dev/null.
    Creating configuration database ...
    Migrating configuration database ...
    Setting up Salt environment ...[ERROR ] Command '/usr/bin/patch' failed with return code: 1

[ERROR ] stdout: patching file /tmp/__salt.tmp.q24haun1 (read from /lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileserver/roots.py)
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file /tmp/__salt.tmp.ksnh7g_l
    [ERROR ] retcode: 1
    Processing system modifications ...
    Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.140) ...
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
    Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-13+deb11u3) ...
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (6.0.30-1) ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Updating workbench configuration files ...

END OF LINE

• After that, everything is the same as when OMV 6 was last installed. All settings under System can be edited. For all other menu items, there is always a black screen with the message:

[Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue.
    Obsolete cached data found. Page will be reloaded.]

No further settings can therefore be made.

• Mentioned several times in the forum. No really an error. Just a patch that has already been applied.

So it's better to go back to the last version of UMV5 (openmediavault_5.6.13-amd64) for now?

I just remembered that to be able to install OMV6 I had to turn on the CPU virtualization function in the BIOS. could this lead to problems with OMV5? With my first installation, which worked without any problems until I forgot the password, it was still out.

• Ok all settings under System can be edited. But for all other menu items, there is always a black screen with the message:

[Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue.

Obsolete cached data found. Page will be reloaded.]

No further settings can therefore be made.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!