Notifications SMTP postifx settings apply fails

• Greetings,

I tried to setup notifications (did not have any before) but I am unable to apply the settings after saving them. It appears to fail a step called `postfix_set_permissions`.

Helios 4

Debian 11 Bullseye

OMV 6.0.31 (upgraded from v5 on Buster a few months ago without noticing other issues)

Stacktrace and system report attached. Let me know if I forgot some information.

Can anyone else reproduce this? Any ideas how I could debug and/or fix this?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Google SMTP settings for the host you are trying to use. Also here are a few threads that might help:

https://forum.openmediavault.o…pe=com.woltlab.wbb.thread

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Hi Agricola and thanks for the reply.

I'm using my ISP's SMTP server, and it works great for both pfSense and Nextcloud. I don't think it's a problem with the settings. OMV seems to be having issues setting permissions on something (see log in first post). Since I can't "Apply" or "Confirm" settings, the notifications don't get enabled. There's nothing in syslog.

Here's my /etc/postfix/main.cf if it's any use. The folder and all files in it are owned by root.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So notifications worked fine when it was on OMV5? How did you upgrade?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of

postfix set-permissions?

That is the command that failed

• So notifications worked fine when it was on OMV5? How did you upgrade?

No. I did not have notifications set prior to now.

What is the output of

postfix set-permissions?

The output is the following:

postfix: fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for 127.0.1.1

That would indeed explain the error. My localhost is 127.0.0.1:

Code
    odragon@omv:~$ ifconfig
    lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
            inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
            inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
            loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
            RX packets 688542  bytes 284158440 (270.9 MiB)
            RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
            TX packets 688542  bytes 284158440 (270.9 MiB)
            TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

Why does postfix think that inet_interfaces = localhost means localhost resolves to 127.0.1.1?

• Ah... hostfile. Duh!

Following the trail :

Code
    odragon@omb:~$ cat /etc/hosts
    # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    127.0.1.1               localhost
  • Turns out postfix does not like the hostname to be "localhost." Makes sense I suppose. I don't recall setting it to localhost though. Maybe I never set it before and it just used the default value, or it got overwritten during the update from OMV5 to OMV6. Either way, seems like a usability issue with OMV.

Thanks for the help. Notifications work now!

• odragon

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • odragon

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!