files copied from external drive not visible in samba from windows

• hi guys,

today i found a problem accessing my files using samba from windows. this is how it unfolds

1. I have a problematic USB external HDD formatted in NTFS. I need to copy some files to omv for backup

2. mount the drive in control panel and use midnight commander (mc) to copy files to one of samba shared dir

3. when accessing from windows only the copied dir is visible . the content is empty. checked from mc the files is copied successfully

4. tried reset permission (plugin) but nothing works

5. I tried to find the files using locate plugin and none found

6. in mc, all the files that are invisible have * in front to fo the like *filesxx.mp4

7. if I mount the drive on windows and copy via network and there's no problem. but its a lot of files and my network router is limited to 100M so its slow copy

8. when I move one of the dir (contain media) to media dir jellyfin can read the files and display its content. but still empty in samba turns out jellyfin only detects dir name

I did a quick search on google and forum but not found anything resemble my problem (perhaps I'm not sure of the correct keyword )

what is wrong here?

• I already unmount and connect to my pc. Will try again later. Iirc this is not my first time. Also happens before with my usb Pendrive. Since mount uuid name is too long I using mc is better in my case. Will try manual cp or rsync. I found lots of bad sector from windows scan but I doubt it's the problem.

Oh before that I tried connecting to my linux lite laptop via USB and copy some pics. The pics are copied successfully and can be viewed normally on linux laptop.

• Offizieller Beitrag

fixed it

, go to shared folders, select and click ACL, select recursive, and apply

I guess if it already works for you then you don't want to touch it, but if it was an ACL permissions issue, the other solution might be to remove all ACL permissions with the openmediavault-resetperms plugin.

It is neither necessary nor recommended to use ACL permissions if not for a good reason.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!