Persmission System not working

• Hello together,

I require some help I don't get my answer from forum, google or elswhere (D*mn, feels like I am the only person with this issue)

We installed OMV 5 in beginning 2022 and Upgraded to OMV 6 in September.

Since our Server turns off at 8pm and turns on at 6am, also that night the Server turned off.

After runing on, it seemed, all non admin users (about 10) could not access any SMB hared folder except of their Home Directory.
    After messing around almost 2 Weeks with the Permission system, I finally gave up. I can not use any ACL for now. ||
    I make Updates every monday but even after a restart, the Issues becomes more and more complicated since everyone has access to everythin already but still cannot access it.

Is there a Script/Way to "reset" the PErmission table or maybe "fix" it?

This Post is my last hope. Otherwise I see no future using OMV for our companie

Thanks in advance for your help
    Maulwurfn

Code
    Explaining the PErmission System how it should be for us:

Groups:
    Each user has users by default
    For each Set of shares we need to set groups (IT, HR, Management...)
    Each Group has access to the specific Directories (IT to all, Management to HR and Management, HR to HR ...)
    There are Special Groups for Special Shares.
    Some IT Guys (me) have sudo and administrative priveleges. 

• This made the issue worse.

We decided to use another product, with a working permisson System.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

This made the issue worse.

We decided to use another product, with a working permisson System.

Thanks

That's sad to hear. Instead of crying around it would be much more helpful for the community to find out the reasons why it is not working and by providing a fix. At the end you would have improved the OSS product to your needs and the community will benefit from that as well. This is how OSS works in its basic form.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This made the issue worse.

What were you expecting "reset perms" to do? It will reset all files and directories back to default and clear all ACLs if you check the box.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I was also having permission issues, and still do. I am working through those as we speak. OMV is a wonderful and powerful software and it is also build to support many different needs. With that in mind the permissions can get confusing and I found some settings seem to conflict others, or more then one way to setup permissions and it gets confusing. Especially a new user to OMV and Linux in general. I was not aware of the reset perms plugin so this thread helped me out in my quest of setting up OMV and maintaining the system.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!