pihole docker stopped to work

• I found my pihole docker stopped working. This might have happened after a last update by Watchtower. Strange is that the log doesnt show anything relevant.

Also i remarked that it should run v5.15 but the env variable shows as version 4.0. No idea why.

Can i somehow activate debug logging without being able to start it to a point where i can access it via GUI?

Here is my log:

• monsen

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • How do i migrate my existing config?

I have mapped some volumes for persistence, not sure if that is enough

I have done some config inside of pihole administration that i would like not to lose or do again.

EDIT: if I did read right, the important folder seems to be the /etc/pihole one.

So i assume i just recreate the container with all docker settings and point the volumes to the above on persistent storage (did not do a stack config for it up to here)? Anything else to be aware of?

• yes, you only need to reuse persistent storage.

if still do not work , use other path for persistent storage, only DHCP persistent leases are usefull to restore on new path.

• I deleted the old, created a new one. The new container did not appear.

Checking Portainer logs i see this:

What is going on here?

All other containers works fine.

• Ok, tried again and gave it a new hostname. Now pihole is up and running perfectly fine and all cónfig is there.

Nevertheless Portainer is stuck in the above described loop. Seems like something is stuck with the old container but not visible to me,

• monsen

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!