Problems installing on a Dell Wyse 7010

• Hello!

I wanted to install Openmediavault on a Dell Wyse 7010 and got a problem.

After I changed the boot order, in the bios, so that it boots from the USB stick, the automatic installation also worked.

But the console came up instead of a graphical screen.

Now I wanted to enter the user admin and the password openmediavault on the console, but it didn't work.

It always jumped back to the login.

Now I wanted to make a new installation, but I could not get into the Bios.

Neither with F2 nor with F12 it wanted to succeed.

Does anyone have an idea why it no longer works, or what else I could do?

Many thanks in advance.

MfG R.Lehmeier

• Booting OMV will always show the console, never any kind of graphical screen.

The admin user cannot login to the console by design.

To get to the OMV graphical screen, point your browser on another machine in your LAN to the OMV machine's IP address. This instruction is clearly shown in the console after booting.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks for the tip, it works.

Openmediavault makes a good first impression, but I want to rebuild next week, because I'm getting an SSD and want to replace the hard drive.

I hope that the problem with the bios access will be solved by then.

• Thanks for help, but I have a problem after the installation.

After the installation, I can no longer get into the Bios (neither with F2 nor with F12).

Is it possible that Openmediavault has overwritten something in the thin client Dell Wyse 7010 (Z90D8)?

I have already tried x times - without success.

• I have the Wyse 5060, when hitting P does it bring up a boot menu? From there you can select setup (bios).
    I was having bios issues on mine as well, I could not get into it until I flashed the bios to the latest. I was putting in

a faster SSD and it would not detect the USB drives so I could not install any OS. I put the original OS back in and everything

came back. Maybe the BIOS gets written to the drive somehow? This is my first Thin Client, I did get it off ebay super cheap

so maybe it has issues?

OMV Version: 6.9.12-3 (Shaitan) Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.13-amd64 Proxmox VM

Services: MiniDLNA | File Server (streaming and file transfers that's it.)
    System: HP Pavillion 595 | I7-8700 ( 2 vCores) | 2.1 GB Ram | 32GB VM Sys Drv | 5TB USB Media Drive | Jan 24'

• I also bought mine on Ebay for a small amount of money and will see if I can update the bios.

If I've seen it correctly, it only works via a cloud and a network drive. Maybe I can find instructions on how to update it via a USB stick.

I'll try the tip with the P tomorrow.

I'll get back to you afterwards.

• This link is what I used to get the imaging tool to work for the bios update.
    Dell USB Imaging Tool

Good Luck!

OMV Version: 6.9.12-3 (Shaitan) Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.13-amd64 Proxmox VM

Services: MiniDLNA | File Server (streaming and file transfers that's it.)
    System: HP Pavillion 595 | I7-8700 ( 2 vCores) | 2.1 GB Ram | 32GB VM Sys Drv | 5TB USB Media Drive | Jan 24'

• Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, I am not able to create a boot stick.

If I take the image of Freedos to start the exe programme, I also need a Windows installation and if I take the bin file, I don't have the update programme.

According to Dell, you should be able to install the bin file via F12 (this should work for everyone whose bios was created after 2012 - mine is from 06/2012), which does not work for me.

Therefore, I'll leave everything as it is for now, maybe I'll find a solution later.

Thanks again for your help.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!