Can't select File System for remote mount.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I liked better having the fstab as an option (like old version), because i only access my remote share occasionally, and dont want to be mounted every time i start the main system.

A few things...

• I won't bring fstab support back. Too many people don't know what it means and there are too many dependency issues where the remote mount isn't mounted when using fstab. I also don't want to support the code base for both styles.
    • The plugin creates an automount file - https://www.freedesktop.org/so…an/systemd.automount.html
    • You can disable the systemd mount just as easily as you can an entry in fstab.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

the remote mount can't be unmounted.

Not the plugins fault. It just stops the mount unit. Can you unmount from command line?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• A few things...

• I won't bring fstab support back. Too many people don't know what it means and there are too many dependency issues where the remote mount isn't mounted when using fstab. I also don't want to support the code base for both styles.
    • The plugin creates an automount file - https://www.freedesktop.org/so…an/systemd.automount.html
    • You can disable the systemd mount just as easily as you can an entry in fstab.

Thanks for the information, I'll try to disable automount following your clues.

Not the plugins fault. It just stops the mount unit. Can you unmount from command line?

You are right i was able to unmount from command line.

Sorry for that, I'm a newbie on linux.

THX

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are right i was able to unmount from command line.

That most likely means it is in use.

• Hi, I'm just wondering if the above issue has been logged or can at least tell me that the above could be causing radarr to not allow me to add root folders.

• Hi, I'm just wondering if the above issue has been logged or can at least tell me that the above could be causing radarr to not allow me to add root folders.

I tried to mount root folder, but its not working. It doesn't really bother me cause i don't need to mount any root folders.

OMV 6.3.8-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.5-amd64

Plugins: omvextrasorg 6.2.1 | remotemount 6.1.1

• Xelis

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Xelis

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • The problem fixed itself and I think trying to restore radarr from a back up was causing extra issues. Anyway things are starting to work as planned. Thanks for your help.

• Hi

I have a problem with unmounting "remote mount".

I deleted all the points that were indicated in reset permission but still in file systems I have a referensed mark with a mounted share. I also removed the volume references from the emby container but that didn't help either. Is there a way to check what causes referenced or can I redeem this share in some other way?

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; systemctl stop srv-294f75fe\x2dd3c6\x2d4b7e\x2d936e\x2d147936ecfa3b.mount' with exit code '5': 

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; systemctl stop srv-294f75fe\x2dd3c6\x2d4b7e\x2d936e\x2d147936ecfa3b.mount' with exit code '5':  in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:220
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/remotemount.inc(167): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRemoteMount->mount(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('RemoteMount', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}
    Code
    /dev/sda1: UUID="5cec6f54-375f-4e9a-9ee5-5da5b33e92fb" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="72ae89f5-01"
    /dev/sda5: UUID="a47892e8-b61e-4d11-b54f-114d7ae0024c" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="72ae89f5-05"
    /dev/sdb1: UUID="4f7ae766-cf15-6849-9a5a-9b1649f2e39f" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="2f984bf6-0906-11ee-a3b2-e470b80e89d7"
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="fa93ba96-7596-45f7-bdca-d3aee36cbfc6" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="a2895939-698e-4df8-af8e-4b574a20abc0"
    /dev/sdd1: UUID="a7afbd51-8185-4d4d-ba62-f224aa6cc303" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="2f86a0a3-7afb-4137-8309-c24b4d3273ed"
    /dev/sde1: UUID="f84ab09c-c703-49b8-ba10-9649d52ee937" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="46b673d5-01"

Or should I remove the entry in openmediavault/config.xml?

• use reset permission plugin: https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…6:omv6_plugins:resetperms

https://wiki.omv-extras.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=omv6:omv6_plugins:resetperms2.jpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a problem with unmounting "remote mount".

I deleted all the points that were indicated in reset permission but still in file systems I have a referensed mark with a mounted share. I also removed the volume references from the emby container but that didn't help either. Is there a way to check what causes referenced or can I redeem this share in some other way?

Same problem here.

In Storage I keep getting two filesystems referenced by remote mounts that I want to unmount. There are no shared folders referencing those file systems or anything else.

In the remote mounts tab the two mounts appear unmounted but cannot be removed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Same problem here.

In Storage I keep getting two filesystems referenced by remote mounts that I want to unmount. There are no shared folders referencing those file systems or anything else.

In the remote mounts tab the two mounts appear unmounted but cannot be removed.

I solved it. The problem was in my case that I had two remote resources that were no longer available. So I wanted to remove first one and then another. This fails because Salt is applied to both resources simultaneously.

So I deleted both remote resources simultaneously and it worked.

• I solved it. The problem was in my case that I had two remote resources that were no longer available. So I wanted to remove first one and then another. This fails because Salt is applied to both resources simultaneously.

So I deleted both remote resources simultaneously and it worked.

I had to solve it in a rather unusual way, but the important thing is that it worked. I made a copy of the openmediavault/config.xml settings file then deleted the remote share (unmount didn't work) after which the error described earlier occurred and I couldn't see anything in the file system shares so I restored the configuration file and the remote share was visible again. After which I deleted the share again with no problem and finally got rid of the troublesome remote share.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!