OMV 6.4.0-2 update

• This update seems to break Services functions and system crashes out. Also does not play well with the Backup plugin

Perhaps a little more detail would help. It's hard for anyone to confirm, let alone fix fix a problem you are seeing, if all you are saying is it's broke.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Perhaps a little more detail would help

8| Actually there's nothing wrong, what happens is the software failure error when accessing services but if one follows the instructions on screen it resolves itself. You may have to complete the instructions more than once, but the update breaks nothing.

• I can confirm that this update is a bit bumpy. I have installed Pi-hole on the same Raspberry Pi. When trying to update it using...

Code
    pihole -up

... I found that local DNS queries (to ns1.pi-hole.net, for example) were no longer being answered. However, DNS queries from network clients work.

In an old thread, which remained unanswered, I found that disabling systemd-resolved helps.

I assume the problem comes from installing libnss-resolve together with the new update and changing the configuration to it.

• Hello,

I have been experiencing some issues since updating to OMV 6.4.0-1.

• I upgraded OMV 6.4.0-1 through the UI and OMV 6.4.0-2 via apt.
    • I also encountered the guru message during the upgrade, but I was able to proceed by left-clicking.

Earlier, in the UI, I tried enabling the home folder functionality and debugging SMB access from a Windows 11 machine. However, I noticed that regardless of the settings I changed, I didn't receive the usual "please apply" message after saving my selection after that enabling.

I attempted to revert the changes and disable the home folder functionality. However, when I SSH into my system, I receive the following error message: "Could not chdir to home directory: No such file or directory"

When I navigate to Diagnostics > Services > SMB/CIFS, I encounter the message: "Please apply the configuration changes first."

Please let me know if I can be of more assistance

Oli

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • I did not delve into the whys and wherefores of what was causing issues after updating to OMV6.4.0-2 as I have too much critical data on my server and others are dependent on it working as well. I just fortunately reverted back to my previous working backup and will update at a later date when a stable release is available.

• I'm not sure how to fix it, any help gratefully received, occurding to the update area I'm fully up to date.

• I'm not sure how to fix it, any help gratefully received, occurding to the update area I'm fully up to date.

please be specific about "what" you want to fix?
    "INFO: " in above is not indicating an error!

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Sorry, I seem to be stuck on 'Setting up Salt environment ..' Just doesn't seem to be doing anything, I'm running a AMD 5600g.

Perhaps I wait and see what happens on the next OMV update, as the system does seem to be running and doing a 'apt update' reports no updates.

• This is not a good idea, OMV fully relies on systemd-networkd and systemd-resolved.

I had the exact same issue as nuxgawk described in Post #5. I too have PiHole on the same Pi. No more DNS queries worked on it. The rest of the network is working fine.

I fixed important addresses (e.g. for updating) by adding them to /etc/hosts (temporarily)

Luckily todays update to 6.4.1-2 seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

After reading the Pihole docs i would say this will break the network configuration of OMV. Thus this will not be supported and I will not support users to fix issues caused by installing Pihole on OMV. According to the docs it is possible to get it running, but it requires deep modifications of config files that are under control by OMV.

• oh, I'm on RasperryPi OS Lite 64bit (Debian 11 Bullseye), not the OMV OS, if that makes a difference.
    I'm alright with the way it is now - no more issues. Thanks.

• After reading the Pihole docs i would say this will break the network configuration of OMV. Thus this will not be supported and I will not support users to fix issues caused by installing Pihole on OMV. According to the docs it is possible to get it running, but it requires deep modifications of config files that are under control by OMV.

votdev

Does this affect pihole in docker as well? Or only the bare metal install of pihole next to omv, because that was never the correct way if i remember correct.

omv 6

Plugins - omvExtras | LVM2 | Compose plugin | SFTP | ...

System - x86 intel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von matdb ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!