USB Backup plugin -

• Hello,

So I have recently started using USBbackup plugin to backup my NAS onto my external HDD and it is my understanding that when I connect my USB to the NAS, it automatically mounts the HDD, runs backup and then unmount it. After the backup, I wanted to check the files on the HDD but since its automatically unmounted, I am unable to do so. My question is:

1. How can I safely mount the HDD again without trigerring the USB backup just so I can safely browse my files on HDD.

2. Because of ext formatting, I am unable to check those files from my windows PC. Is there a solution for this ?

Question for developers:

1. When the plugin starts and stops the backup, it trigger the buzzer. Is there a plan to add a visual indicator for this? I've configured email notification which sends me the logs but a visual indicator will help me be sure that NO backup process if ongoing before i pull out the cable.

Thanks,

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I safely mount the HDD again without trigerring the USB backup just so I can safely browse my files on HDD.

You can mount the filesystem from the GUI of OMV. Check the content from CLI; Umount when done.

Because of ext formatting, I am unable to check those files from my windows PC. Is there a solution for this ?

several options

1. install third party software that allows you to access ext4 filesystems
    2. boot into a Linux live distro
    3. set up a VM on Windows with Linux
    4. mount the filesystem on the USB drive and create a shared folder; add the shared folder to smb; access the smb share from your windows PC; when done revert everything

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!