qbittorrent not starting

• Had qbittorrent running fine for months here using the standard yml configuration from lscr, but a recent power outage fried it and I haven't been able to get the new one going.

Having read the thread "Qbittorrent wont start aftwr update" here, I've made sure to fully remove the existing image and then prune (both cli and in the Compose > File interface). The yml checks out, the image pulls, all fine. It appears to start without issue, but immediately starts cycling through restarts. I get no logs, no docker activity in journalctl, nothing.

Docker itself is running — I have a mariadb chugging along there without incident, thankfully. But qbit resolutely refuses to start or tell me why.

Ideas?

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

but a recent power outage fried it and I haven't been able to get the new one going.

Check the hard drives. Someone could have been affected by this. Look at SMART results.

• SMART results are all good. And nothing else is failing.

I'm pretty sure I have the permissions right, but would a problem there result in this kind of problem (restart-loop with no logs)?

Can you post the docker compose you used please

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• Temporarily comment out the restart: unless-stopped That might let it run long enough to get some logs written.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Interesting. No, it doesn't run for long enough to generate a log in docker, but if I watch journalctl during the attempt, I see only.

Zitat

Sep 23 09:49:46 rasmedia systemd[14594]: run-docker-netns-c5afbc95205a.mount: Succeeded.

Sep 23 09:49:46 rasmedia systemd[14594]: var-lib-docker-overlay2-79c8deb12df02e106e204fffa8694f60af2c1e0d07906a2db971300193f9e0f9-merged.mount: Succeeded.

I'm thinking it might be time to start over entirely. A weekend project.

• Next look in:

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-266d4062-54cd-4766-b25c-676c390a26bd/compose/qBittorrent/data/logs/qbittorrent.log

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Do you have other containers using this same path? you could be mixing config files

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-266d4062-54cd-4766-b25c-676c390a26bd/compose:/config

I only use the compose folder to set up docker. I have a data folder for well data. I would run it like this

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-266d4062-54cd-4766-b25c-676c390a26bd/data/qBittorent:/config

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von BlueCoffee ()

• So weird. First, I checked 'compose/qBittorrent/data/logs/qbittorrent.log' — but qBittorrent was never written into /compose. It didn't exist. When this was working last week, it was all there, of course.

As a total Docker amateur (it's amazing I ever had this working in the first place, to be honest), I didn't know a thing about not using /compose for everything.

Just now, I scrapped everything, added /data/qBittorrent (& pointed to that in the yml). Still nothing. Now the qBittorrent directory exists (because I made it), but nothing of any kind is being written into it. I'd kill for a log of any kind, anywhere. Just the tiniest of hints.

So … it feels like permissions? What should the directory permissions be? the UID/GID are for my user, the current owner of /data/qBittorrent. Just … nothing happens.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As a total Docker amateur (it's amazing I ever had this working in the first place, to be honest), I didn't know a thing about not using /compose for everything.

This can help you learn if you want.

omv6:docker_in_omv [omv-extras.org]

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is looking a lot better (and more comprehensible) than when I first consulted it a few months ago. Thanks.

Thanks for that comment. I try to make it easy to understand for newbies. If you encounter any difficulties let me know. Or suggestions to improve the document.

• OK, having worked through the entire guide (thanks again, chente) on a parallel install (almost … I'm using an old Asus C320 as the server, so not ARM) — which works just fine — I can now see that my problem has most likely been with the filesystem:

• as BlueCoffee pointed out, I didn't have the best structure in place for config files, etc.
    • my permissions were screwed up enough in the /config and /data folders that nothing could start properly or be written to logs.

Note that I haven't confirmed this, as I'll just be shifting things over to the "new" server instead of continuing to fuss with the old one; but I'm pretty certain these were the issues.

Thanks again to everyone who pitched in.

• semicha

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!