How to restart qbittorrent container every x hours automatically

• Hello,

Can someone please instruct me how to automatically restart qbittorrrent container in the omv gui every 2 hours or so? I need this functionality because I am using glueton vpn that loses connection and/or becomes unhealthy after x amount of hours. That resolves itself, however I need to restart qbittorrent container manually. Sometimes after a few hours and sometimes after a few days. It is inconvenient to say the least. I have searched this forum and the linuxserver.io page. Compose file is configured to run latest builds and restart policy is set to unless stopped.

When it is up and running it works really good. Download speeds over 100MB/s depending on seeders/leecher etc. on a j4105 based system. :)

Thank you.

• create a cron job that execute "docker container restart nameofyourdocker"

docker container restart
    docker container restart: See [docker restart](restart.md) for more information.
    docs.docker.com

• Thank you. Is there also a way to automatically restart qbittorrent container after a unsuccessful glueton healthcheck?

no, but you can contribute, writting that script in shell bash.

• I get the same exact issue with gluetun! Such a pain in the ass though sometimes mine will not come back up.

• Have you considered running a QBt image that has VPN support built in? Maybe it will be more stable.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• no, but you can contribute, writting that script in shell bash.

Beyond my skills.

Have you considered running a QBt image that has VPN support built in? Maybe it will be more stable.

Wasn't aware that such a thing existed. If I understand correct than a vpn connection can be configured through the torrent client gui? Or do you mean a modified image that is shared on github by someone where you can configure environment variables? Any recommendations?

Although not Qbit, that's what i ended up doing. I just use transmission with built in VPN support. Easy peasy

Thank you for the suggestion. However when I tried transmission a while back I've found it missing many features.

For now I've setup a cron job in the gui:

• Wasn't aware that such a thing existed. If I understand correct than a vpn connection can be configured through the torrent client gui? Or do you mean a modified image that is shared on github by someone? Any recommendations?

The image I am using is this one:

Docker

A very solid image, well maintained, and well supported via github.

The VPN configuration isn't done thru the client GUI. You have to get the VPN config file from the VPN provider and place it in the proper directory.

If you need a copy of my compose file image for this, just ask.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I was searching the web and found binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn but it uses ovpn. Your suggestion supports wireguard so I will have a look at that. And a compose file / stack would be nice. Mind your privacy though. Thank you.

• I use Wireguard with that image, quite a bit faster than OpenVPN.

Redacted compose file, change where needed for your use case:

--

• I use Wireguard with that image, quite a bit faster than OpenVPN.

Redacted compose file, change where needed for your use case:

Cannot login the webgui. Here's my compose:

I am using mullvad. No username/password.

• Here is the log output before placing wireguard config file:

• After placing config file (wg0.config):

Restart of container and docker does not help. Also tried purging and repulling. It goes up and after a few seconds down.

• You left out the ports: section in the compose file.

Delete this - ADDITIONAL_PORTS=8080,8999

--

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• I can't imagine what features are missing from transmission, but whatever works for you

I can. No built in RSS feed support.

--

• I actually used Transmission/VPN originally and for a long time. I then got a warning from a “website” I go to about multiple connections/hit and runs. Kept dropping and reconnecting with a different IP.

Could not figure it out. I then went with qbittorrent/vpn and magically did the same thing.

I THEN said f it and purchased a “static” vpn server and troubles went away. Had I done this with transmission back then, I’d still probably be with it. With that being said, I’m enjoying and fine with qbit.

Does this RSS feed have any play into prowlarr seeking indexers?

• Does this RSS feed have any play into prowlarr seeking indexers?

When you mention Prowlarr I think of my use of it with Sonarr, and in this context RSS has a different meaning.

In my use case with QBt, an RSS feed makes QBt act like a receiver that listens on a specific channel and accepts the content being broadcast by the RSS feed. The content can be filtered. As long as QBt is running, it's waiting for the next spew from the feed. How often the feed is checked is configurable.

Best stated by an example RSS feed URL :)

https://yts.mx/rss/0/1080p/all/0/en This one will capture all the newly added 1080p movies in the English language offered by the yts.mx site and place them into the QBt download queue. Currently providing about two dozen movies per day, but has been quite a bit higher at times.

There are many others out there, with some providing huge amounts of content.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!