Using a DockerFile in the Compose Plugin

• Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to use a Dockerfile in the Compose screens.

I am using this docker-compose.yml file

cuttlefish/docker-compose.yml at master · mlandauer/cuttlefish
    Transactional email server with a lovely web interface - mlandauer/cuttlefish
    github.com

On line 6 there is a dockerfile referenced so if I was in a VM and had cloned the repo it would work fine. How do I deal with this in OMV-Extras Compose?

I see there is a DockerFile section but can someone help me get this working?

What I am unsure of is if I put those DockerFiles i nthe Dockerfile section and build it then do I need to edit line 6 of the yml file? What do I put in there if I do?

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Wow! Daring start for a beginner in Docker and yml. Isn't the OMV wiki not a good start? https://wiki.omv-extras.org/doku.php?id=omv6:docker_in_omv

The wiki is about using existing images to build containers via yml files.

Dockerfiles are used for creating docker images from source code and precompiled binary packages.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The wiki is about using existing images to build containers via yml files.

Dockerfiles are used for creating docker images from source code and precompiled binary packages.

So you create the image with the build command then check the Images tab and create a container from there?

So it's safe to remove line 6 in the docker-compose.yml

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do I deal with this in OMV-Extras Compose?

I see there is a DockerFile section but can someone help me get this working?

The cuttlefish compose file is building the image as well. In order to use this with the compose plugin, you would need to strip out the build config and put it in the dockerfile section. But it seems like the Dockerfile build is more advanced than support by the plugin. If I was going to use this, I would build the images from the command line and just put the build-less compose file in the plugin.

Looking at the github repo again, the compose file you are referring to is meant for development. but since it is still beta I guess it doesn't matter.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!