Compose plugin misses IPv6 fields in network GUI

• I just remarked that i cannot create a new network witth IPv6 addresses in the OMV GUI using the compose plugin because the respective fields are missing. There are only fields for IPv4.

I will now create it with Portainer that has these fields.

• The Compose plugin in OMV GUI currently lacks IPv6 fields for network creation for IPv6, check using Portainer, which provides the necessary fields.

ChatGPT? Bot?

• monsen

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • monsen

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • I am adding to this thread because i can confirm now that this works.

I managed to get my pihole up and running for IPv4 and IPv6.

Here is the compose file i used to get this working, if anyone wonders:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I managed to get my pihole up and running for IPv4 and IPv6.

And this is exactly why I like compose so much. You can add the features you need without adding a million features to the plugin.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• monsen

Sorry, did I understand correctly, you want to manually assign an IPv6 address to each container in Docker? Even for containers with IPv4 this is not done. What about DNS addresses, default gateways, etc. for IPv6? ahh, sorry, I see, also manually, great solution..

• I dont necessarily need it to be honest. But i did an excercise and switched my network to be IPv4 and IPV6 capable.

Then i switched my ISP connection to "IPv6 native" mode and wanted to make sure that every IPv6 DNS query can also be processed by pihole.

I did it also out of curiosity.

• Thanks to @monsen's compose file, I got Pihole working in Docker. However, whenever I try to add an adlist, I receive an error "While executing: attempt to write a readonly database." I can fix this error by running: docker exec pihole chown -R www-data:pihole /etc/pihole. After running that command, I can add adlists. However, I cannot get these changes to persist. If I restart the container or if I reboot the system, I'm back to the readonly error and I have to run docker exec pihole chown -R www-data:pihole /etc/pihole again. Has anyone figured out how to fix this permanently?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!